It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Effective Communication 
Leadership_

Location: Gone to Valhalla, re-grouping, and coming back for you!!!
PSN ID: EnglishnWild
Post Effective Communication
JckOfAllTrades wrote:
The 55's and Communication

Effective and efficient communication is the bed rock of the 55's success as a clan.

In matches where you are playing with your 55's brethren and sisters it is critical that you contribute to the team both in terms of what you do as a player and also what you say as a member of the team.

However, effective communication is somewhat mercurial, difficult to get our heads around, so I've taken a shot at outline some guidance for more effective in game communication.

Pre Game - In private lobby before joining game room
1. Clearly identify your load out including kill streaks to ensure the team has all roles covered and understands their primary role
2. Express your preference for game modes

Beginning of Game
Clearly identify your role, this allows your team mates to understand and adjust what their roles should be.
For example:
Domination - "Jck - I'll watch A (home flag)"
Sabotage "Jck - I'll Snipe and provide eyes by our home target"

During Game
Call Out positions, this allows your team to assist you if in trouble and provides clarity to a map often covered in the fog of war. BUT, this is only useful if you use context to help call out positions. For example:
You just got killed, you know Kane is right behind you "Kane, camper laying down by stairs on your left!" Important elements, WHO you the info is relevant to (kane), WHERE (laying down by stairs), WHERE more detail (on your left) so its very clear where the danger is
You are sniping and spotting on Domination "English, They have a sniper I can't get a bead on, but he's laying down behind the back car in the scrapyard" what? You don't know where "the scrapyard" is? well it's an actual officially named location on one of the COD4 maps. To effectively use communication we have to use a common language. That's been established here at the 55's Learn it, Know It, Love It.

Call out Notifications - Especially important if you are guarding a flag or a demolition target. For example
You are guarding home flag A in tandem with Pooper, he's got right you've got left. "Pooper, I just got capped from the right, 3 guys coming toward flag from my side"
You are guarding the bomb site and the enemy is planting. "They are planting at B, planting at B, grenade grenade grenade!!!!"
You check the score and notice an opponent is kill streaking. "Everyone looks like xxxxx is kill streaking, if he caps you watch kill cam and call out position, he's 3 kills from a chopper"

Ask Questions - If the radio seems quiet and you need info, don't just sit their quietly....ask!
"Anyone have a UAV"?
"All clear on C?" sometimes in the heat of the battle we're too busy swearing, killing, dying, and respawing to communicate, if you are in an area that is not a hot zone and see a lot of activity on your map in another area it is completely appropriate to ask if they need help
"Should I take A" Strategy questions are also important. If the team is holding B and C, and you find yourself at an unprotected A, don't just take it, ask the team if you should. In general the 55's only hold two flags, but there are times that taking the third flag is appropriate (We're down big and need all three to catch up, we're in danger of losing another flag and this would take the pressure off"

The most important thing is to actually talk and communicate. The second most important is to do it effectively - Remember....WHO the info is relevant to, WHERE the info is related to

I'll add more as I think of them and others feel free to weigh in
Jck

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Leadership_

Post Re: Effective Communication
With this in mind (and thank you again Jck as this post has been used for every COD since day one!) we should also remember that on COD4 we should be using the COD4 chat feature and NOT PSN party chat...for one simple reason....how else are we gonna listen to all the love the gold crosses will be sending us!!

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Clan Member

PSN ID: DrDumay
Communication is key. And that goes both ways, people should speak, and people should listen. You can communicate all you want but if you have one teammate ignoring directions, you can quickly end up in a shithole.

BTW: Do my PS3 headsets work with the PS4???

Dr D

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Leadership_

anyone not listening will be swiftly and harshly reminded how the 55's roll....on all games ...lol

and what headset you have?

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:26 am
Profile WWW
Clan Member

Tritton, AX180, i think

Dr D

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:35 am
Profile WWW
Clan Member

what? now i have to listen to you ffs??
cant just leave me to die in peace?

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:45 am
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
DrDumay wrote:
Tritton, AX180, i think

Dr D

Google will help ;)

My headset has to plug in via USB on the PS4 for chat audio, and optical for game audio.

I use TB Elite 800 (it's awesome), but I'm not sure what the deal was with cross over mics.

Mark had the trittons that were PS3, not sure he's still using them on his PS4.

All said though, I hear good things about the Playstation headsets that Sony sell. They go for a pretty good price too.

Toon

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:47 am
Leadership_

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/445/134/how-to-configure-the-tritton-kunai-and-ax-180-headset-on-playstation-4

hope this helps DrD

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Leadership_

PSN ID: julesvega
Ps headset so no problem just have to lower volume when Wild is in lobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:19 am
Clan Member

Apart from effective communication, UAVs is major keys. We had an issue with this in MW2 when no one would use them, but as MW has it by default, we should be good!

ShaggiApple wrote:
You may not last long in the games

ImThePGtipsy wrote:
Reckon i can keep pace with my twin ;)

targetrein2 wrote:
but can you keep pace with your twin's twin and your twin?
:violence-uzi:

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:02 am
Clan Member

Easy does it. Thanks.

Dr D

Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Leadership_

ok...so we can get the wins...but we sometimes get very disorganized and take scrappy wins that should of been a cake walk.
I have noticed when were loosing and under real pressure we still seem to pull out some magic and bring the game back but we shouldn't need to get to that point most of the time.

Flags...too many lone deaths...were all guilty of it...they cap much faster with more bodies. sometimes hanging back 3 seconds makes a big difference. if its one of those tough games wait till you have a swarm to flood the flag for a rapid cap.

B flag...we sometimes get too focused and suddenly they are way up on points as we have only held one flag half the round while trying to cap B...we need to fork on knowing when to say "fuck B..lets take A"

counter snipers...UAV jammer normally gets me behind the snipers at least 2 or more times a game..this can give a great disruption and also makes the snipers have to worry about us flanking round and attacking them from the rear!!!
Also its very satisfying sticking a knife in the prick whos been quick scoping us all half the match!!

ok...come on COD4 players..lets hear your thaughts on how to polish our game on the new version of COD.

tactics tactics tactics!!!!

eng

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Leadership_

PSN ID: julesvega
I played a couple of games after everyone went off to bed. And tried some different things and loadouts found using UAV jammer and silenced AK worked pretty well went on a good kill streak but noticed I was running out of ammo quickly so I started to pickup weapons on map and flanking counter clockwise to get behind snipers on BOG yeah it works but you need to use cover and move slowly got behind them a lot I've noticed snipers love to use right side of BOG a lot but we also need to take them
Out in Ice cream shop as well. Last night I learned something while on my own I wasn't using my normal set up using something completely different and it worked I've become so used to lmg based loadouts I needed to challenge myself to find something more stealth and deadly.
But can agree last night we did become to focused on our usual game plan and lost focus on our home flag maybe need to just take outer flags to throw off focus on B just as long as we put bodies and flip the flags we should be good and maybe have a goalie guard home flag but also play mid between home and B flag to support and take out counter attacking team if we have team on right side of home flag post up looking left and guard that path

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:14 pm
Master Sergeant

PSN ID: mmgravesy
soooooo........is this work getting?! :P

55's are the best, 55's kill the rest!

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:23 am
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
mmgravesy wrote: