It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Any thoughts on Rainbow Six: Siege? 
Banned

PSN ID: tomahawk_k
Post Re: Any thoughts on Rainbow Six: Siege?
End of the day though its marketed as an action game not a simulator so i think your expectations may be somewhat jaded. Have you tried ARMA or any other milsims?
I cant wait to try this playing competitively against another full squad
Thanks for those vids sensi, im looking for a decent youtuber to subscribe to for r6

Sent from my HTC One M8

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:52 pm
Banned

PSN ID: SensiStar710
Damaxta wrote:
tomahawk_k wrote:
The multiplayer is where this game really shines. Preparation whilst not as detailed as previous R6 games is still a major part.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I think you're probably making my point better than I am!

If you're playing one squad to another, both being parties..... It could be great, but you're going to struggle to get that consistently.

My point is that there could be a lot more realism to it; running up and down walls, 90 seconds Intel time, the lack of consequences mean it's just another shooter. Yes you have to think a bit, but the barricades are a bit like the Fulton in MGS...... Overused. The idea you turn up and just run into a building that is this heavily fortified is ludicrous from a realism Perspective.... Which is why I just see it as another shooter.

If you rappel down, you can't go back up. You source Intel for as long as needed to inform the deliberate action plan and I can't even work out why the barricades are anything other than a means of modifying the map to introduce a variable.

There is no gradual progression to help players develop good entry/search tactics .... No basic buildings.

But, I can see how it might be fun in a group of 5 55s, or 10 playing each other...... But without the added spice of the 55s...... I'm not sure if it'll still be here in 6 months.

Accepted, I probably over analyse these things because of my real world background...... I suppose I just want reality, which is slower and more pre-planned than gaming !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Which is now far too annoying to use.

Meh.

Each to there own, of course. I don't agree with some of the critique though. If you want complete realism, try a military sim. This is a tactical shooter. And i think it is giving us just that, a tactical FPS experience.

Also are you sure about the inability to rappel up and down? Im sure ive done this. Maybe change stance? i might be wrong though!

Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:24 pm
Banned

SensiStar710 wrote:

Also are you sure about the inability to rappel up and down? Im sure ive done this. Maybe change stance? i might be wrong though!

I think that Damaxta's point was that rappelling or abseiling in real life is only applicable when descending. You would have to physically climb back up the rope which isn't what happens in r6

Sent from my HTC One M8

Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:40 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: Damaxta
What I'm saying is why are you able to rappel up!?

I've done a lot of milSims, including the commercial ones used in actual simulation for training. The purpose of gamifying sims is to provide a framework and narrative to make it challenging and entertaining. I'm not saying it's a bad game, but just a missed opportunity. Again, playing with 55s enhances the experience massively but I just want to see the possibility of covert approach actually having some benefit rather than forcing a dynamic entry all the time from the off.

...and yes, I did draw this myself. ^^^^^

Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Clan Member

Beat me to it!

Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Haha, yeah i guess that makes sense. Never thought of it that way.

I think with those kind of games they have to find a middle ground between realism and action/fun to appeal to the masses.

You are right in saying you need a dedicated squad to play this game tactically (the way i think the developers want people to play it), but i guess you have that with every game. The game mechanics have to be there of course, but after that its up to the people how they decide to play.

I think your a bit to negative when you say there is little reward or benefit in planning and the game lacks consequence.
Team work is ever so important, the ops really work well if pared together. Fortifying walls can work very well, IF planned out well before hand.

The same goes for attacking, planning and tactics is everything.
First you say its difficult to observe and gather intel, to then say having robots is useless and it does'n matter if they are destroyed. They are there to gather intel, and not being able to spot the bomb/enemies before having to breach makes you a lot more vulnerable inside.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:11 pm
Clan Member

So what's the consequence if you just fire a load of random shots off in the car park? None I can see. How does that reward a tactical approach....? Surely in the event of an imminent attack on a chemical weapon being guarded.... The team would just detonate it once the entry team was spotted?

I just can't see how the game is anything more than 'go in there and kill everything' and 'they're coming to kill you' on the other.

With the robots, why can't there be simple peek devices (under door, drill through wall?), silent door openers, sniper cover, a wall breach cannon, assault ladders? Why can you not carry more than one shield per team? Why just flash bang and not 9 bangs?where are the hostages jumping into the line of fire and hiding Tangos amongst them?

SWAT 4 was interesting because it had loads of possibilities, but this is just a COD Search and Destroy hardcore mode with less options. If we played COD or BF4 with closed dedicated squads.... They'd be great games too.

I suppose after 25 years of gaming, I'm pretty hard to please .... But I can't see that game is set apart from the others.

Tactically, there are very few variations on a theme, the whole thing relying on point of entry selection.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

We're all talking like we know it all but the game isn't even out yet!

Sent from my HTC One M8

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:47 am
Banned

Quote:
So what's the consequence if you just fire a load of random shots off in the car park?

Well for one you will lose ammo and the people inside can hear where you are, open a window and shoot your face off before you're even close to the house.
Secondly i don't really get your point. Every game can be played like a retard, but what is the fun in that?
Quote:
Surely in the event of an imminent attack on a chemical weapon being guarded.... The team would just detonate it once the entry team was spotted?

It would be a great game if they implement that.. get spotted/see a robot and the game is over. What fun!
Quote:
With the robots, why can't there be simple peek devices (under door, drill through wall?), silent door openers, sniper cover, a wall breach cannon, assault ladders?

I agree more tactical breaching devices/ scouting options would be nice. It is fairly limited. Although i have to say that because of the different types of fortifications and different breaching methods to counter those, it isnt as simple as barging in whilst spraying bullets everywhere. Assault ladders would add a bit of realism for sure, you are right when you say rappeling up is a bit odd to say the least!
Quote:
Why can you not carry more than one shield per team?

You can. I guess they limit the amount of operators in a game to one of each so certain specials wont get abused.

But i guess Tom is right, the game isn't even out yet. We will see how the game works with all the operators being available. Hopefully some new interesting op. combinations will arise.
For a beta, a had a lot of fun (minus all the matchmaking issues). I hope the full game will add a couple more game modes and tactical devices to keep the game interesting for a prolonged time.
Hopefully there will be a good few 55s on this game, as the games i had with a full squad of 55s were great.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:14 am
Banned

PSN ID: warcriminal_954
enjoyed my time playing this over the weekend. it's a definite buy for me and I should have it by the end of this week! :happy-partydance:

Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:42 pm
Banned

Mines just been shipped

Sent from my HTC One M8

Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:06 pm
Banned

They are doing this midnight launch thing up here together with Just Cause. I was thinking about going and picking it up until i read it won't go live until 6AM CET (Midnight EST) :cry:

I'm already seeing people streaming right now though, so confused as fuck.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:08 pm
Banned

PSN ID: warcriminal_954
SensiStar710 wrote:
They are doing this midnight launch thing up here together with Just Cause. I was thinking about going and picking it up until i read it won't go live until 6AM CET (Midnight EST) :cry:

I'm already seeing people streaming right now though, so confused as fuck.

yes, midnight release for all major time zones but even if you pick it up early, not live until midnight EST (assuming you're CET so that will be live at 6AM CET).

the streams have me confused as fuck too dude! maybe they got their hands on a copy early from the devs. just speculating tho.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:23 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
I was aware that alot of people got Just Cause 3 early....was a shipping/system error. Forced Dev to release patches early...owning to alot of bugs which have knocked down afew review scores (shameful on the reviewers)

Toon

Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:29 am
Banned

Just got an email with a division beta code due to my preorder. I had no idea that was a thing!
If my postman is on form today then i should be in this later tonight

Sent from my HTC One M8

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next