It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Any thoughts on Rainbow Six: Siege? 
Banned

PSN ID: SensiStar710
Post Re: Any thoughts on Rainbow Six: Siege?
Open Beta is live in +/- one minute bitches!

Who's playing tonight? Also what are you guys favorite operators?

Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:59 pm
Banned

PSN ID: tomahawk_k
SensiStar710 wrote:
Open Beta is live in +/- one minute bitches!

Who's playing tonight? Also what are you guys favorite operators?

I'll be on later sensi. My favourite attacker is the guy with emp grenades, very useful on both multiplayer and terrohunt for clearing rooms of traps. Thermite is also a solid choice.
Defending I like being the dude with trip wires. Its surprising how many kills you can get on unsuspecting players

Sent from my HTC One M8

Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:44 pm
Banned

PSN ID: darth_maul_80
We are on now

Sent using the force

Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Had a good few runs yesterday guys! awesome game

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:24 am
Banned

i really enjoyed gaming yesterday...this is going to sound strange but i enjoyed it as much as SWBF if not a little more (that could be because 5 55's steamrolled opposition though so not biased at all - which included me shooting Tipsy (sorry about that one matey)

Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Yeah some proper good games yesterday and earlier today. An emblem or clan tag feature would be a nice addition

Sent from my HTC One M8

Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:38 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: KanesFist
Darth any game is good with a full squad of 55's

I quite enjoyed it too but found it very difficult to play ..... to the point of frustrating. I just cant adjust to the aiming at all. My biggest issue is the the fckn GLORY HOLES everywhere ....

Mind you I stand by my game ethos ..... its highly tactical (may be even too tactical) .... requires communication and teamwork ..... so yeah .... pretty good

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:29 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: ThePGtipsy
darth_maul_80 wrote:
i really enjoyed gaming yesterday...this is going to sound strange but i enjoyed it as much as SWBF if not a little more (that could be because 5 55's steamrolled opposition though so not biased at all - which included me shooting Tipsy (sorry about that one matey)

Yeah turns out I need some bulletproof armor on the back of my head just for you!

Tipsy

Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:07 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: Damaxta
Hmmm, I don't like it. As Kane says, any game playing with 55s tends to be fun and it was. There is very little reward or benefit in planning.

this is touted as a kind of realistic strat/tactics game.... But it really isn't.

Pretty much all windows are barricaded, which makes it very difficult to actually observe and gather Intel and plan approach. The little robot things are fine, but I can't see the point of having them, when the only consequence of them being discovered is they get destroyed and the tangos crack on like nothing happened.

Every level is the same, the Tangos know you are breaking in..,. And there is no opportunity to use a surprise element or subterfuge as opposed to a direct and opposed assault. An Emergency Action, not a Deliberate one is the mission every time.

Then when the diffuser is set, there is a wave of new Tangos..... No matter how methodical the clearance of the building. This is just weird and an attempt to prolong the level.

The 'bombers' are stupid. Their existence makes no sense. If they sensed an assault they would either detonate the actual bomb or defend the stronghold. Not advance to kill themselves to take out one Assaulter! An annoyance.

If an explosive entry is gained, Ts in other parts of the map just keep doing what they're doing and there isn't even an option to crack open a door or window quietly, to get to the stronghold.... To then plot an effective entry. Bang through a barricade, walk off and return a few seconds later and there are no consequences. No incentive to keep momentum up.

In a nutshell it's ok, but essentially it's a whole game based on one or two game modes from other shooters.

Meh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Which is now far too annoying to use.

...and yes, I did draw this myself. ^^^^^

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

PSN ID: screamowaffles
Wut

Did you play multiplayer

There are no rules, only punishments.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:35 am
Clan Member

Yeah..... And like any multiplayer it depends who you're playing with. If actual teams; it's better than five lone wolfs !

Was hoping that more structure would exist rather than just two sides shooting each other on a map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Banned

KanesFist wrote:
Darth any game is good with a full squad of 55's

Very true!!!

Sent using the force

Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:39 am
Profile WWW
Banned

With respect I couldnt disagree with you more Damaxta! Maybe what you're saying it true for terrorist hunt. Bombers are a bit stupid and once you have found the objectives not much planning is required besides who is covering where as the next wave approaches. However its still a hell of a challenge to complete even on normal difficulty.
The multiplayer is where this game really shines. Preparation whilst not as detailed as previous R6 games is still a major part. Knowing what operators you are up against, where they are holding up, which walls are barricaded, where have the set up traps, are they trying to bottleneck you into an ambush. These are all very important things to know and if your drone gets destroyed you can't communicate any of this info to your team. Walking around blind will get you killed quickly in this game as will running as a lone wolf.
We've been trying a tonne of different strategies for both attack and defence the past few nights. Some work against teams, others don't and you have to adapt pretty quickly if the other team knows what's up. Its that kind of dynamic and thoughtful gameplay that I think will give this game its longevity.

/rant

Sent from my HTC One M8

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:17 am
Banned

If people want some more in-depth information about the operators (load-out, best partner op, specials etc.) there is a guy on youjizz ehh youtube called iceycat25 who made some pretty decent operator profiles.

TWITCH

ROOK

DOC

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:13 pm
Clan Member

tomahawk_k wrote:
The multiplayer is where this game really shines. Preparation whilst not as detailed as previous R6 games is still a major part.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I think you're probably making my point better than I am!

If you're playing one squad to another, both being parties..... It could be great, but you're going to struggle to get that consistently.

My point is that there could be a lot more realism to it; running up and down walls, 90 seconds Intel time, the lack of consequences mean it's just another shooter. Yes you have to think a bit, but the barricades are a bit like the Fulton in MGS...... Overused. The idea you turn up and just run into a building that is this heavily fortified is ludicrous from a realism Perspective.... Which is why I just see it as another shooter.

If you rappel down, you can't go back up. You source Intel for as long as needed to inform the deliberate action plan and I can't even work out why the barricades are anything other than a means of modifying the map to introduce a variable.

There is no gradual progression to help players develop good entry/search tactics .... No basic buildings.

But, I can see how it might be fun in a group of 5 55s, or 10 playing each other...... But without the added spice of the 55s...... I'm not sure if it'll still be here in 6 months.

Accepted, I probably over analyse these things because of my real world background...... I suppose I just want reality, which is slower and more pre-planned than gaming !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Which is now far too annoying to use.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next