It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Destiny 2 
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
Post Re: Destiny 2
targetrein2 wrote:
I'm getting completely and totally fucked by RNG already. I was at light level 272 and decided to make a new character to do the milestone quests / end story quests again (new character, SAME class). After around 8 hours of replaying the story and leveling up, my end-rewards were, get this, the SAME exotic helmet I was already wearing (albeit 2 whole power higher...) and a 284 power scout rifle. I was already using a 284 power scout rifle, so no help there, either. Beyond raging pissed. I went up two whole light points overall (272 to 274) with an entire weekend wasted and dedicated to this festering shithole of a game. I know guys and have friends that are 280+ by doing the same thing just because the RNG gods handed them over exactly what they needed to 'progress'. Fuck this game. I'm giving it until the weekend. If the raid sucks and the nightfall rewards this week are shit, it's Ebay time.
Oh how ive missed your rants pal :)

Ive not come across this as i havent had the time to start a new class yet.

Though i agree on your BS call regards what the loot gods hand out. Since getting to around the same kind of level i cant get fook all else to progress.

Ill keep grinding.

Overall though, loving the game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:37 pm
Clan Member

Another thing - the 'luminous' (powerful) engrams you receive from milestone quests will ONLY drop at the higher power level for your first character if you're running three of the same class. So you can't triple-dip on luminous engrams. Exotic rewards will work, however. IE the exotic questlines (MIDA tool, rats gun, end of story exotic engram).

SO: If you like to grind, it WOULD be worth it to make a new character and grind to 20 (takes maybe 4 hours with the special token buff), swap your previous gear to your new alt, grab the end-story exotic, canibalize it (assuming you get a different gear slot, not like me with the same fucking helmet), do your exotic weapon quests (should be higher light level), then delete your alt and start over again with the same process.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:32 pm
Profile YIM
Leadership_

targetrein2 wrote:
Another thing - the 'luminous' (powerful) engrams you receive from milestone quests will ONLY drop at the higher power level for your first character if you're running three of the same class. So you can't triple-dip on luminous engrams. Exotic rewards will work, however. IE the exotic questlines (MIDA tool, rats gun, end of story exotic engram).

SO: If you like to grind, it WOULD be worth it to make a new character and grind to 20 (takes maybe 4 hours with the special token buff), swap your previous gear to your new alt, grab the end-story exotic, canibalize it (assuming you get a different gear slot, not like me with the same fucking helmet), do your exotic weapon quests (should be higher light level), then delete your alt and start over again with the same process.
Faaaaaaar too time consuming. I very much doubt ill be doing several different classes. Maybe one more, dont have enough time for that.

Intend to keep the game though & get involved with the events & grab the DLC at release.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32 am
Leadership_

Raids just started, recommended power 270+

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3