It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:35 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Clan League Schedule & Rules 
Leadership_

PSN ID: KanesFist
Post Clan League Schedule & Rules
At last comrades we go to war.

You can find everything you need to know at the top of the web page under the tab "THE LEAGUE"

The 55's Clan League

This is a League from the clans for the clans.

Let me explain why I started this league up.

Firstly let's differentiate between what a LADDER is and what a LEAGUE is.

A ladder is simply a record of a given clans performance. These are in my opinion pointless. There is no real winner, it just seems to go on and on with no direction. You will find that some clans will cherry pick weaker clans for battles and decline challenges from better clans just to improve their ladder position. There are all sorts of issues with cheating, poor conduct inconsistent application of rules and protocol. You could probably add more to the list yourself.

A league on the other hand is quite different. A league has a defined beginning and end. It has winners and losers. It forces us to play all clans of all skill levels within the league. The rules are there for us all and with a smaller gathering of clans you have that personal touch. You get to know your opponents, develop respect and build trust.

Anyway I will digress no further. If you are reading this then you are ready to take online gaming to the next level.

Here is the meat of it.

The League Structure

There are going to be 2 leagues:
League 1 - Region 1 - America, Canada etc.
League 2 - Region 2 - UK, Portugal, France etc.

Each league will consist of:

6 Squads of at least 6+2 soldiers Provide a 1st and 2nd in command.

You will play each opponent in a Home and Away War

A WAR is the best of three battles:
1) Home team picks the game mode (See link below), the map and where you start for the 1st and 3rd battle of each war.
2) Away team picks the game mode (See link below) the map and where you start for the 2nd battle.

The winner of the best of each three will be rewarded:
Home win = 2 points
Away win = 3 points

REMEMBER YOU PLAY ALL 3 MATCHED ON EACH AND NOTE YOU GET DIFFERENT POINTS

Game mode - Note that you can only select a mode once for each war e.g. if you were the HOME team you could only pick domination once in your game 1 and 3 options. Of course you can pick it again when you play your AWAY match.

http://the55s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3982#3982

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All squad leaders and their second in commands should have their counterpart opponents added on their friends list 2 days before their war.

Each squad leader will produce a roster of at least 8 players. 6 to play and 2 substitutes.

In the instance where a clan cannot produce a full roster on the night for the sake of simplicity the match will go ahead with the opposition reducing numbers to fit. For example OnR have 6 players on the night but The 55's can only produce 5 then OnR will drop one of their players and the match will be 5v5. It should be noted that this is purely be exception.

The squad leaders will discuss with each other agree and then put forward their choices of match mode and maps a minimum of 2 days prior to the war via PM to Xx_BROLY_xX who will then publish the details.

The home team should determine who has the most reliable host connection. 20 min before the war begins both teams should enter a free for all using knives only. This will assess if there any serious lag issues with that host before the battles. Its also a nice ice breaker. If lag is an issue the home team will propose another host from their squad and another match of knifing until a reasonable host connection is found. Now we all know just how bad the lag can be. This process should help reduce issues but it will probably not resolve in every situation. Be realistic. If its just a wee bit laggy just get on with it. Remember you will be swapping host advantage with the Home and Away system.

On completion of each battle a member of each clan will take a picture of the standings. They will submit these to Xx_BROLY_xX and they will be recorded.

Xx_BROLY_xX will update the League table and tick you off the schedule.

The League Scheduling

The leagues will last 5 weeks. It may very well end quicker. After that we will then go through a play off where each regions league will play against their respective position in the other regions league.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each squad MUST complete their game within the week starting and ending Sunday. The team that cannot make it will forfeit the match and the points will be awarded to the opposition. The squad may appeal and if there is significant mitigating circumstances outwith their control we will review it.

They should agree with the other squad leader and me that they are worthy of appeal. The appeal will then be picked up by the Clan Leaders for a decision.

The Other Rules

We do not need to allocate Referees by virtue of the camera recording feature. Please ensure at least one of your squad has it activated.

If you have an issue or complaint then please let me know via pm describing in detail your issue including time stamps and upload your game video to your online vault.

Code of Conduct

This is one of the most important rules. For everyone to walk away from this happy you must observe these basics:
:D Respect your opponents
:D No background music
:D No sh1t talk
:D Be graceful in winning AND defeat

This isn't a school classroom or office but we do expect you to enjoy yourself. We all love the banter and this should continue....just dont take it too far.

Cheating

This is a simple one. If your squad is found:

:( Cheating
:( Glitching
:( Giving away wins
:( Colour tags
:( Lag switches

Then they are out. The video capture feature and your opponents will be watching so be warned.

On The Cuff

This league is to my knowledege the first of its kind so there may be things that need adjusting as we go. We are all adults and the most important thing is that these matches take place and we all have fun.

The Clan Leaders will engage periodically to discuss any issues or additional rules etc. on an ongoing basis.

So what do you need to do now?

1) Contact your adversary primary contact.
2) Agree match day and time.
3) Agree the match modes and maps. Send the details to KanesFist.
3) Fight your three battles and hopefully win your war.
4) Squad leaders take pictures of your results after each battle.
5) Post these to the leadership team or myself.
6) We will record the results and update the table.

Now I hope that this is all very straightforward. Hell we have been over this ground before. So please keep things simple. Respect your own and your opponents and enjoy.

Good luck all

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES

ROUTE ALL YOUR QUESTIONS/SUGGESTIONS THROUGH THE 55'S LEADERSHIP TEAM:

KanesFist
ToonTonic
Xx_BROLY_xX

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:06 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
Post Re: Clan League Schedule & Rules
Has the beast been awoken?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:23 am
Leadership_

:text-bump:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:46 am
Leadership_

Updated to include complaints process:

We do not need to allocate Referees by virtue of the camera recording feature. Please ensure at least one of your squad has it activated.

If you have an issue or complaint then please let me know via pm describing in detail your issue including time stamps and upload your game video to your online vault.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]