It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
BF4 TacOps - TDM MODE 
Banned

PSN ID: darth_maul_80
Post Re: BF4 TacOps - TDM MODE
Assholes.!!!

The thermals now look like I have a cataracts in both eyes. I wonder if we can get someone onto the roof by jumping onto a mav and flying it up there instead

Fri May 29, 2015 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

PSN ID: R3C0NN-R6
darth_maul_80 wrote:
Assholes.!!!

The thermals now look like I have a cataracts in both eyes. I wonder if we can get someone onto the roof by jumping onto a mav and flying it up there instead

:lol:

Definitely a thing to try haha

"Tripped on a root..."

Ha. Ha.

Fri May 29, 2015 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

PSN ID: Solo_Maxximus
darth_maul_80 wrote:
Assholes.!!!

I've seen people do that. It's kinda cheap, the only way I would consider doing it, is if the other team did. Not going to let smone pick us off cheaply.

Fri May 29, 2015 7:48 pm
Banned

Here are a couple things I've noticed other teams doing to us, or maybe just to me, haha.

Using angles to your advantage forces your enemy to make a deadly decision and unable to cover their own ass. You can only shoot in one direction, if you force your enemy to pick a direction, they will be exposed in all other directions.

This is not something I'm suggesting we put into practice and I'm not trying to step on any toes. I just wanted to get your opinion on this and discuss. Then we might consider this to be good practice or not.

Scenario #1 Covering a stairwell. This is actually what prompted me to make this post, because it happened to me during a clan battle against the Extreme Slayers.

The attacker (A) is entering a stairwell. Defender (B) has the entrance covered. Two things can happen here. The attacker could kill the defender or the defender kills the attacker. If the attacker does kill the defender, he will have a false sense of safety and focus on moving up the stairs. This is where defender (C) surprises the attacker and kills our unknowing attacker from behind. Then he revives is teammate (attackers kill erased)

Even if two or three attackers were coming through the entrance, defender (C) would have a chance to take them out because they would be unsuspecting.

Scenario # 2 is the exact same philosophy, but it's holding down the entrance to a room.

Scenario #3 is moving in open ground.

If you stand too close together, you can be double killed. If you space out, you force oncoming attackers to make a decision.

The red guys each have to make a choice. Does one of them take blue (D) and the other (E)? or, are they not that coordinated and both end up shooting blue guy (D)? I find too often that (A & B) will focus on one player (D) while blue dude (E) can flank them and get the double kill. Then he revives his teammate.

Have you guys noticed these things?

Also, here is a nice video on what is called "Corner Pieing" or as described in this video "Corner Slicing". I saw this while watching vids on Planetside 2 and thought it was applicable to all shooter games.

https://youtu.be/7hCXe-_d7Wo

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:04 pm
Banned

PSN ID: darth_maul_80
I've had this problem. Sometimes i see multiple enemies and I'm forced to pick one (usually i pick wrong lol). But i may take one out but the other takes me out then revives his teammate.

i try to prioritise targets but struggle picking the right one as you mention they are not close by but slightly apart so harder to kill both

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Banned

Yea, usually in that scenario... either choice is the wrong choice.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5