It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
BF4 TacOps - TDM MODE 
Corporal

PSN ID: Tnordgaren
Post Re: BF4 TacOps - TDM MODE
CCxKiller13 wrote:
ElNihrbih wrote:
# Don't think people should be revived on TDM. It's too dangerous for the reviver and the revivee. And usually not necessary. (I assume the ticket is lost anyway?)

not sure on that one. A good medic can revive someone and keep themselves safe. What you should do is judge the situation first.

The revived teammate needs to know how to use the revive mechanic though. You have to sprint in a direction BEFORE accepting the revive.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:49 am
Banned

PSN ID: CCxKiller13
Tnordgaren wrote:
CCxKiller13 wrote:
ElNihrbih wrote:
# Don't think people should be revived on TDM. It's too dangerous for the reviver and the revivee. And usually not necessary. (I assume the ticket is lost anyway?)

not sure on that one. A good medic can revive someone and keep themselves safe. What you should do is judge the situation first.

The revived teammate needs to know how to use the revive mechanic though. You have to sprint in a direction BEFORE accepting the revive.

I though you accept then sprint?

Medics work better on certain maps. When you have map control its easy getting revives but its also easy staying alive.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:56 am
Banned

PSN ID: Solo_Maxximus
Walk, don't run. The enemy can hear you and there is no where to run, it's a cage fight. Keep your ears open. One of the best things you can do in TDM is to listen. You can hear where your enemy is, let them come to you, or wait till they have passed by. Be patient.

Sometimes it's best to work the perimeter of the map, wait till someone is spotted, then flank them.

Lay claymore all the time. I constantly get 3 additional kills a match from claymore. Use claymore to protect your rear by blocking a door. Place it strategically inside of the door out of sight, where the wires are all inside and crossing past the face of the opening.

Play smart and don't chase kills. Rather spot and let a teammate who might have a better chance take them out.

Hug the walls and use cover to move. Never move in the open.

If you have found a good tactical spot to camp and kill, great. But if your not getting any action, your brothers are out there outnumbered while you enjoy safety.

Pay attention to what direction the enemy arrow is moving when they are spotted. Attack them from the side, not the front. Be patient and stalk your kill.

Be careful, where there is one... there is another.

Again, best tip I can give is to walk, not run. Listen for your enemy and locate those footsteps.

Tue May 05, 2015 7:04 pm
Staff Sergeant

PSN ID: kevin_sullivan
Solo_Maxximus wrote:
Sometimes it's best to work the perimeter of the map, wait till someone is spotted, then flank them.

This has always been my favorite tactic... even in conquest, I tend to gravitate towards the boundaries and the caps that are furthest from the middle where you can get hit from all sides.

The long way around is usually the safest.

Tue May 05, 2015 7:31 pm
Banned

My earlier post was more geared towards running with just yourself or a couple others. Cause that's been most of my experience when playing later in the evening.

However, moving forward as we expect to be engaging in more 10vs10 clan battles.

A few ideas to think about, take them or leave them:

1. Learn the maps and the call-out points. We will finish these maps and created a thread with all of the maps, call-out points listed and close up images of each point.

2. Move as a unit accross the map. Once we know the call-out points, the squad leaders can give us a point to move towards. We could also have one unit moving in a clockwise motion around the map with the other unit moving in a counter clockwise motion. What ever we decide, we need to get good at moving in a unit. We need to be spaced out enough so it's harder for the other team to get double, triple kills. But we also need to move close enough to revive.

3. Reviving. I think it's more beneficial for everyone to run as a medic. Maybe we have 1 support per unit, but we don't need any other class. Support is even questionable. If you run out of ammo, pick a weapon off a dead body. The key to winning is to cancel out the other teams kills by reviving our own. War made a good point, it does not need to be a 100% revive in TDM. Action is happening quicky and charging those defibs takes a lot of time leaving you exposed. Get the guy up, lay down a health bag and cover him as he revives. A revive could be a 3-4 kill swing. You get our guy up, that takes away a kill from the enemy, then our guy can go on to kill 2+ of the enemy.

I will also be making a post in regards to weapon choices and attachments that I personally prefer for TDM.

Also, many of you have a lot of experience in running competitive TDM, you have strategies that have worked and not worked. What is your opinion?

Last edited by Solo_Maxximus on Fri May 15, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri May 15, 2015 1:18 pm
Staff Sergeant

PSN ID: R3C0NN-R6
Solo_Maxximus wrote:
My earlier post was more geared towards running with just yourself or a couple others. Cause that's been most of my experience when playing later in the evening.

However, moving forward as we expect to be engaging in more 10vs10 clan battles.

I think it would be best to:
3. Reviving. I think it's more beneficial for everyone to run as a medic. Maybe we have 1 support per unit, but we don't need any other class. Support is even questionable. The key to winning is to cancel out the other teams kills by reviving our own. War made a good point, it does not need to be a 100% revive in TDM. Action is happening quicky and charging those defibs takes a lot of time. Get the guy up, lay down a health bag and cover him as he revives.

About the revives, yeah the set up for the clan battle today includes mostly Assault players. We have 2 Recon (who are rather good) and one Support - the rest are Assault with Medkit and Defib as far as I know. So depending on how this game goes, I think we may think about sticking to that format.

These are maps that include roofs btw, so the Recons cover the open areas from the roofs. When we move to e.g. Hainan Resort, everyone is on the ground and I think we do only have one support.

Oh and I stumbled across this in case you're interested. I think it might help a little in the callout project.

You make good points Solo - glad we have you :handgestures-salute:

"Tripped on a root..."

Ha. Ha.

Fri May 15, 2015 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

R3C0NN-R6 wrote:
Solo_Maxximus wrote:

I think it would be best to:
3. Reviving. I think it's more beneficial for everyone to run as a medic. Maybe we have 1 support per unit, but we don't need any other class. Support is even questionable. The key to winning is to cancel out the other teams kills by reviving our own. War made a good point, it does not need to be a 100% revive in TDM. Action is happening quicky and charging those defibs takes a lot of time. Get the guy up, lay down a health bag and cover him as he revives.

About the revives, yeah the set up for the clan battle today includes mostly Assault players. We have 2 Recon (who are rather good) and one Support - the rest are Assault with Medkit and Defib as far as I know. So depending on how this game goes, I think we may think about sticking to that format.

These are maps that include roofs btw, so the Recons cover the open areas from the roofs. When we move to e.g. Hainan Resort, everyone is on the ground and I think we do only have one support.

Oh and I stumbled across this in case you're interested. I think it might help a little in the callout project.

You make good points Solo - glad we have you :handgestures-salute:

Sounds like a solid plan, happy killing today team!!!!

Fri May 15, 2015 1:34 pm
Banned

and you make a great point Reccon, their is different strategy for different maps.

Fri May 15, 2015 1:42 pm
Banned

PSN ID: warcriminal_954
oooh, recon, those maps with callouts are fucking sweet, bro. I'm envisioning something very similar for us. solo & maybe a few other volunteers will be working them upon his return from tittyland.

Fri May 15, 2015 1:45 pm
Staff Sergeant

WarCriminal_954 wrote:
oooh, recon, those maps with callouts are fucking sweet, bro. I'm envisioning something very similar for us. solo & maybe a few other volunteers will be working them upon his return from tittyland.

I'd work on it too, but I couldn't guarantee 100% effort - so I'd rather not mess people around.

"Tripped on a root..."

Ha. Ha.

Fri May 15, 2015 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

So we won the clan battle! awesome. How did the strategy work? any adjustments mid battle? did you lock down a building? give me some feedback on how you guys rocked it!!!

Sun May 17, 2015 2:08 pm
Banned

PSN ID: warcriminal_954
So we won the first 2 rounds straight. Just before the first official round began we changed strategy. Decided to take on defensive positions inside the rooms on lancNg dam. Second round same defensive strategy but had to shift plans 2 times once in the very beginning and then again mid-round. We stuck together which was great, call outs were great too.

Sun May 17, 2015 2:37 pm
Staff Sergeant

Solo_Maxximus wrote:
So we won the clan battle! awesome. How did the strategy work? any adjustments mid battle? did you lock down a building? give me some feedback on how you guys rocked it!!!

Lancang Dam

We were gonna hold both the MRI and Server buildings but ended up having to hold just the server building.

We watched all entrances while one squad (Squad A - War's Squad) had a Radio Beacon within the building (placed by the one Recon in the team). We would have had ammo in the building too, but Darth who was running support somehow ended up in the opposite building :lol:

He camped it out in there quite nicely, managed to survive for quite a long time while all lonely in there.
I think eventually he worked his way around and the team had more ammo.

The opposition were getting frustrated and changed there tactic to a couple pushing in through the building while one, maybe two sniped through the windows - which we had to be weary of.

Overall it was a waiting game, using our strength in Defence to our advantage. We'd wait for them to come to us and they would get shot. In the face.

Eventually, with like 10 tickets left, 90% of them desperately tried to snipe us through the windows. Was all good though.

Second Game: Seige of Shanghai

Were originally going to send a squad on the roof - but their whole team went straight there, like, 5 seconds into the game.

After a handful of deaths we decided (with persuasion from Advantaaage) that we would wait for them to come for us.

So we basically waited it out with one Squad under the building at the Lion Statue (Squad B - Waffles' Squad) and the other holding the Car Dealership.

A while into the game, there was a little movement from Waffles' Squad (including me) that wasn't really planned. As Waffles said herself, the one thing that, noticeably, could be improved was the structure of our Squad as we seemed to drift apart and move in different directions. Which I totally agree with.

If one area came under pretty heavy fire and a squad was being overwhelmed, they'd move to a new position. For example, War's Squad moved from the Dealership to the Elevator Room as it had a little more cover and only two entrances (or three if you count the elevator).

Same as the first game, we waited for them to come to us, because, as Advantaaage had pointed out, they were rather shit at coping with a defensive play style.

Anything I missed out or is inaccurate?

Bottom line: They got fucked up.

Good work 55s :handgestures-salute:

"Tripped on a root..."

Ha. Ha.

Sun May 17, 2015 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

WarCriminal_954 wrote:
So we won the first 2 rounds straight. Just before the first official round began we changed strategy. Decided to take on defensive positions inside the rooms on lancNg dam. Second round same defensive strategy but had to shift plans 2 times once in the very beginning and then again mid-round. We stuck together which was great, call outs were great too.

Sorry War, I had typed all of that post out - and then you posted this...

I was NOT deleting all of that! :lol:

Sorry for stepping on your toes man lol

"Tripped on a root..."

Ha. Ha.

Sun May 17, 2015 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

That's awesome guys!!! I bet they were so pissed :lol:

From what I understand, we had a clan battle where the other team was good at flushing the defensive positions out and we lost.

What did that team do that this one did not? from what I understand, they blew up the walls? and took out the defensive positions?

Maybe in a training session, we could play against each other 5 vs 5 and have one team be the defensive team and the other team be the offensive. We could work on the strategies for holding down a position as well as flushing the defensive team out. Then discuss afterwards.

Just an idea based on what I'm reading.

Can you tell I'm feening for Battlefield :lol:

Good work 55s, bet it was a blast

Sun May 17, 2015 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next