It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
BF4 TacOps - TDM MODE 
Private

PSN ID: Charliecone
Post Re: BF4 TacOps - TDM MODE
Play TDM with a Call of Duty mindframe, shoot to Kill! Lone wolf it! Then after 10 mins switch to a real gametype like Conquest! :) I

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

PSN ID: bigstuey2009
Don't play against any other 55's....

You get owned!

Seriously though, I find a squad with plenty of medics will keep everyone alive, we had a 6v6 with just 55s. The opposition had mainly medics and paired off. These were the most effective tactics I've seen so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:44 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: Aldreth3
Some good tips here, cheers.

Personally I take tdm quite slow. Plenty of claymore traps and counter camping. Normally top half of my team with a +kd

est solitarius sidera lupus perierat ad

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:05 am
Lance Corporal

PSN ID: j_wilson2014
Not played tdm enough but i defo think sticking together is the best way of winning.
Im planning on getting on TDM a bit more in next few days. Who plays this regulary. I know El does. Anyone else?

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:58 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: julesvega
depending on the map on tdm you should watch for snipers in the corner of the map as well as tugs left around to spot you if you have at least one sniper on your team see if they have the mav and use it to spot the map but also have someone help cover there ass because when your on overwatch you become easy target also if you run and gun use counter clock wise technique but mainly call out kills and have a person who trails behind team watching your back just a thought it helps

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:41 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: DrDumay
It is sooooooo hard to be patient with TDM, I always get pulled in and end up making many of the mistakes mentioned here.

OK doc, pull it together ...

Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Lance Corporal

PSN ID: j_wilson2014
After spending a few game hours on TDM now i find it easier if i chuck down medibags and when i kill someone i wait to see if someone revives him. Boooom free kill lol

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:18 pm
First Sergeant

PSN ID: DARGON4970
I have recently played TDM with a few others. After unlocking the MPX for engineer & running with RPG I have found it fun.

Staying out of open field, lots of cover, medics, & rape the mini-map with my eyes. :)

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:37 pm
Leadership_

DARGON4970 wrote:
I have recently played TDM with a few others. After unlocking the MPX for engineer & running with RPG I have found it fun.

Staying out of open field, lots of cover, medics, & rape the mini-map with my eyes. :)

thats good but some maps like caspin border i know by heart first thing you do is take out buildings to the left of the gas station i would always head there first and c4 the whole side taking out high vantage point than move across to other side and do the same while controlling the station but watch out for teams sneaking in from the forest by the creek and I'm speaking because i did that a lot and my whole squad would spawn in on me there and we would kill them all and spawn would switch to other side than i would use the same trick and go woods creek all the way around to the snipers on the rock in back and same thing wipe them out i even was banned from some lobbies because of it and always would run heavy gunner would lay down fire and have squad pick them off :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:40 am
First Sergeant

PSN ID: DARGON4970
Nicely done! I don't know why people get pissed at others that actually use tactics, lol.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:22 pm
Lance Corporal

PSN ID: Hamstermancer
I've found that front grip isn't necessarily the best option for an LMG in TDM. You should be behind cover or lying down anyway, so bring that bipod - people just feed you points because the maps are tiny and a decent LMG gunner with a bipod can pretty much hit anything he sees. And unlike a bolt action sniper, you don't have to reload often or necessarily hit the first time.

Disclaimer: the above is my opinion and when God said "leet gaming skills" I thought he said "sheet folding skills."

I may do poorly in BF4, but I sure do have a nice neat bed.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:09 am
Leadership_

actually on some maps a sniper can be your best friend let me explain on caspin border if you put down a spawn beacon on some parts of map you actually parachute in this is fun if you want to drop c4 from the sky and get kills but would only try that a couple of times. 2 A good sniper with a DMR cam ruin your day that is if they know what they are doing I've played some matches where a sniper went 12 and 0 all DMR kills the can also help keep spawn point to their advantage as well as the teams hold on the map 3 lay onto of your dead opponent yeah your heard me use bodies to your advantage some times it can make the difference from being alive and waiting for team to spawn on you or losing it cheap trick but it works about 50% of time 4 small maps = close quarters means no long range scopes use red dot and magnifier unless you're using DMR and if you use shotgun i recommend slugs better damage and grips to each their own you know whats best for you and when in doubt try it out on test range thats whats its for 5 most important of all TEAMWORK work as a unit help each other out again i say TEAMWORK and help out other squads if they need ammo or revive send only those after you take care of your squad

Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:19 am
Lance Corporal

PSN ID: Hamstermancer
julesvega wrote:
Actually on some maps a sniper can be your best friend. Let me explain:

1) On Caspian border if you put down a spawn beacon on some parts of map you actually parachute in. This is fun if you want to drop c4 from the sky and get kills but I would only try that a couple of times.

2) A good sniper with a DMR cam ruin your day - that is if they know what they are doing. I've played some matches where a sniper went 12 and 0 all DMR kills. They can also help keep spawn point to their advantage as well as the teams hold on the map.

3) Lay onto of your dead opponent yeah your heard me use bodies to your advantage some times it can make the difference from being alive and waiting for team to spawn on you or losing it. Cheap trick but it works about 50% of time.

4) Small maps = close quarters, means no long range scopes. Use red dot and magnifier unless you're using DMR and if you use shotgun i recommend slugs better damage. And grips? To each their own, you know what's best for you and when in doubt try it out on test range that's whats it's for.

5) Most important of all TEAMWORK. Work as a unit, help each other out - again i say TEAMWORK. Help out other squads if they need ammo or revive. Send only those after you take care of your squad

I wasn't discounting snipers, mate - I was pointing out that at long range the right LMG setup can be just as effective.

I split up your post a bit for clarity - no disrespect meant. Good points.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:01 am
Leadership_

Hamstermancer wrote:
julesvega wrote:
Actually on some maps a sniper can be your best friend. Let me explain:

1) On Caspian border if you put down a spawn beacon on some parts of map you actually parachute in. This is fun if you want to drop c4 from the sky and get kills but I would only try that a couple of times.

2) A good sniper with a DMR cam ruin your day - that is if they know what they are doing. I've played some matches where a sniper went 12 and 0 all DMR kills. They can also help keep spawn point to their advantage as well as the teams hold on the map.

3) Lay onto of your dead opponent yeah your heard me use bodies to your advantage some times it can make the difference from being alive and waiting for team to spawn on you or losing it. Cheap trick but it works about 50% of time.

4) Small maps = close quarters, means no long range scopes. Use red dot and magnifier unless you're using DMR and if you use shotgun i recommend slugs better damage. And grips? To each their own, you know what's best for you and when in doubt try it out on test range that's whats it's for.

5) Most important of all TEAMWORK. Work as a unit, help each other out - again i say TEAMWORK. Help out other squads if they need ammo or revive. Send only those after you take care of your squad

I wasn't discounting snipers, mate - I was pointing out that at long range the right LMG setup can be just as effective.

I split up your post a bit for clarity - no disrespect meant. Good points.
no problem still having issues it wouldn't let me spilt it I'm wondering if I need to change settings on my Mac I know about heavy gunner on small maps it's most every one goes small gun heavy gun on small map with back up means total destruction we should team up on a small map soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:08 am
Banned

PSN ID: CCxKiller13
ElNihrbih wrote:
Some things that I find important when playing TDM.

# Control the map. Don't move from one side of the map to the other. It serves no purpose. Only attaque areas you need to control the map.

# Let people choose their favourite class/weapon/role but make sure that the team is balanced. We can't go all sniping for example..

# When you play against a team of well organised quality players every kill or death counts. Don't give anything away. Don't take unnecessary risks.

# Noticed that working in pairs (or squads) on BF4 is much more beneficial than on CoD.

# Don't think people should be revived on TDM. It's too dangerous for the reviver and the revivee. And usually not necessary. (I assume the ticket is lost anyway?)

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next