Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:51 am
Leadership_

PSN ID: KanesFist
Post Re: BF4 TacOps - TDM MODE
j84dizzle wrote:
What's this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Secret is in the title sweet cheeks.

Basically any tactical chat that can enhance our performance while playing TDM mode on BF4

Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:57 am
Sergeant Major MC

PSN ID: ElNihrbih
Some things that I find important when playing TDM.

# Control the map. Don't move from one side of the map to the other. It serves no purpose. Only attaque areas you need to control the map.

# Let people choose their favourite class/weapon/role but make sure that the team is balanced. We can't go all sniping for example..

# When you play against a team of well organised quality players every kill or death counts. Don't give anything away. Don't take unnecessary risks.

# Noticed that working in pairs (or squads) on BF4 is much more beneficial than on CoD.

# Don't think people should be revived on TDM. It's too dangerous for the reviver and the revivee. And usually not necessary. (I assume the ticket is lost anyway?)

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:08 pm
Banned

PSN ID: j84dizzle
KanesFist wrote:
j84dizzle wrote:
What's this?

Secret is in the title sweet cheeks.

Basically any tactical chat that can enhance our performance while playing TDM mode on BF4

Lol I do have sweet cheeks :)

Get Tugs down at tactical points on the map

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:47 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: marke46320d
I thought when you revive a player the kill is cancelled or the ticket replaced.
Therfore making revives beneficial.
I think it helps having lots of medics and support so you can hold an area by reviving teammates and not running out of ammo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If you need me I'll be on the B flag raping the Prestige Mincers

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:54 pm
Banned

PSN ID: j84dizzle
marke46320d wrote:
I thought when you revive a player the kill is cancelled or the ticket replaced.
Therfore making revives beneficial.
I think it helps having lots of medics and support so you can hold an area by reviving teammates and not running out of ammo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes it does cancel the ticket, I think you need to be sure the coast is clear before you do the revive though, I'm guilty of this myself but if you run in and get the revive and get killed yourself then that's 2 tickets gone, plus some people camp the body waiting for someone to come abs do the revive

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:34 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: SCHMEGGA
I've played teams that were not very good at all (thus all the deaths) but they almost all ran assault and just kept reviving each other. This helped them keep the game really close, even with their lack of skill. But you have to make sure you kill the original attacker before reviving or you just give them 2 tickets instead of one!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:50 pm
Banned

PSN ID: TheClayBeast
The best but rather cheap tactic is definitely too spam medics and just stick together in as big a group as possible, ya just sweep around the map headed for the next likely spawn; you'll always have a firepower advantage.

Never really think about tactics in TDM- just a change-up from "real" BF for a bit.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:43 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: xxROCKBOUNDxx
hide and kill, find a room or area and hold it down, let them come to you , have medics with you

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:40 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: Aldreth3
Lock down an area with a clear advantage (height/indestructible walls/limited entrance points).

Have overlapping arcs of fire covering entrances, making sure you know your role.

Have at least two mobile medics working a locked down area, reviving and acting as force multipliers with grenade launchers when opposition tries to overwhelm an entrance in numbers (especially choke points).

Have everyone else work as support using LMGs (100+ ammo to avoid reload overwhelm) and Claymores with ammo bags.

When opposition lock an area down, claymore the exit and rally at the edge of the map until they come to you.

If opposition suck, go SMG and as a wolf-pack continually lap the map.

est solitarius sidera lupus perierat ad

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:36 pm
Clan Member

Use an obscene amount of cover. Running out in the open, unless absolutely necessary, is going to result in your death. Going 'Rambo' in this game isn't a good idea. This isn't CoD, although you can lone-wolf it if you're good enough. Just don't expect to live for very long unless you're sniping.

Stay in an area where you can dominate at least 1/3 of the map. (i.e. good sight coverage) There are spots on each map where I tend to 'own' each and every time I play because they are that damned good (usually rooftops). I don't have to move much, yet I can see far off into the distance and can pick people off without issue. On some maps, there are areas where you can literally see the enemy spawn points flip-flop. I know this is cheap, but I didn't design the stupid game lols. Very simple to control most maps with a sniper rifle or DMR, just bring your claymore and motion sensor into your work zone for close encounters ;)

Use buildings to your advantage, especially if you can get shots off without exposing your body. On certain stairwells, you can get shots off with only exposing your head.

If you're impatient and do want to run around a bit, use the assault class. If you're injured, drop that damned medkit. If you're in an area where you could take fire and not see where it is coming from, drop your damned medkit. If you pause to reload, drop your damned medkit. DROP YOUR DAMNED MEDKIT. The preemptive medkit drop has saved my ass more times than I can count. I've been ambushed by 2+ enemies while covering an area and have survived because of the healing my medkit gave me while I was fighting them off. DROP YOUR MEDKIT.

If you're on a squad where someone has just gone like 1-10 and lost you the game, switch squads and pray that the dumbass either leaves or gets transferred to the other team. It's really hard to offset someone going 1-10 or worse.

I'll think of more stuff later - 95% of the time on BF4 I'm on TDM. They ruined most game modes with the 'squad spawn' option, which makes me hate the larger game modes.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:22 pm
Profile YIM
Banned

PSN ID: warcriminal_954
use support to supply your mates with ammo and lay down heavy fire into areas that are owned by the enemy. stick claymores around in dark/shaded areas that are frequently traveled but un-suspecting to the enemy (i.e.: don't stick your claymore to the staircase...everyone can see it).

Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next