It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
BF4 TacOps - CONQUEST MODE 
Banned

PSN ID: warcriminal_954
Post Re: BF4 TacOps - CONQUEST MODE
the most important flag is the one closet to the enemies base on CQL. take shanghai for example, we have a full squad on that base with the rest of the squads capping flags. barely a single vehicle gets thru and we dominate the enemy nearly every time. this can be applied to most of the maps. not all but again, most.

Mon May 11, 2015 1:54 pm
Banned

PSN ID: Solo_Maxximus
Yea, that makes sense War. it's like cutting off the supply route. Also choosing two flags that are closer together and easy to run back and forth from, which has been mentioned before.

i can see where controlling the center flag and the two closest to our base could be beneficial as well.

the objective is to hold 3 of 5 or the majority of the flags correct? That's when the tickets start to drain from the opposition, correct?

Mon May 11, 2015 2:10 pm
Banned

Solo_Maxximus wrote:
the objective is to hold 3 of 5 or the majority of the flags correct? That's when the tickets start to drain from the opposition, correct?

that's correct.

Mon May 11, 2015 2:37 pm
Banned

WarCriminal_954 wrote:
Solo_Maxximus wrote:

that's correct.

Yea, I just read this http://bf4central.com/battlefield-4-conquest/

The biggest mistake I see being made by teams during Conquest, is they try to capture ALL of the flags, which has zero benefit. You just need the majority and then move into a defensive mindset. Defending and recapturing the most tactically advantageous flags. I got it.

Seperate thought:

So on nights when we have 2 squads or more of 55s, it would make sense to play maps with 5 flags (7 is unavoidable on some maps). It would probably make sense for 1 squad to be responsible for taking and holding an objective, while the other squad takes and holds another. This should give us 2 out of the 3 necessary flags to start bleeding the enemies tickets. The Bluesberries should be able to get the 3rd.

Mon May 11, 2015 2:57 pm
Banned

PSN ID: CCxKiller13
In really it dosent matter, if the enemy team is aware they will continue to counter.
WarCriminal_954 wrote:
the most important flag is the one closet to the enemies base on CQL. take shanghai for example, we have a full squad on that base with the rest of the squads capping flags. barely a single vehicle gets thru and we dominate the enemy nearly every time. this can be applied to most of the maps. not all but again, most.
:text-goodpost: i wonder who gave you the idea ;)

Mon May 11, 2015 4:08 pm
Banned

WarCriminal_954 wrote:
the most important flag is the one closet to the enemies base on CQL. take shanghai for example, we have a full squad on that base with the rest of the squads capping flags

This seems like a pretty good strategy too. Either holding the flag closest to the enemy base and having a floating squad cap flags. Or, holding 2 out of 3 flags on 5 flag maps.

If there is only one squad, should the 55s cap the flag closest to the enemy base? Cap the middle flag? or roam between the 2-3 most strategic flags?

I know it's a map by map, match by match chess game, but having a general consensus on the 55s approach to CQL would help in keeping everyone on the same page.

I'm also asking because I would like to step up as the in-game squad leader sometimes and want to lead well when given the chance.

Mon May 11, 2015 4:17 pm
Banned

tbh, all of those strategies work. there is no one single optimal strategy as the field is dynamic. while playing a decision has to be made to determine which strategy will get us the win. that's where experience & intuition come into play. that also goes hand-in-hand with your point about making sure there is always someone providing direction out on the field as well. if you're on the field and no one is doing that, feel free to take the initiative.

Mon May 11, 2015 4:56 pm
Banned

Word.

Mon May 11, 2015 5:23 pm
Banned

I thought we had some awesome Conquest games yesterday!!! we won nearly all of our matches. Great comms, great teamwork!!! a unified front can be dominant.

Tue May 12, 2015 11:19 am
Staff Sergeant

PSN ID: R3C0NN-R6
Sort of a little delayed - but can I ask the guys that were in my squad two nights ago give me a little feedback?

I can't even remember most that were, which I apologise for, but I know Q was there, I think Catman was there too... Who am I kidding, I don't have a clue.

It was the 3 or so games we got shafted :lol:

Thanks in advance guys!

Ooh, I remember Grosey was there too!

"Tripped on a root..."

Ha. Ha.

Tue May 12, 2015 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

R3C0NN-R6 wrote:
Sort of a little delayed - but can I ask the guys that were in my squad two nights ago give me a little feedback?

I can't even remember most that were, which I apologise for, but I know Q was there, I think Catman was there too... Who am I kidding, I don't have a clue.

Thanks in advance guys!

yes. you took your shafting well, recon. 8=====D

Tue May 12, 2015 2:09 pm
Staff Sergeant

PSN ID: R3C0NN-R6
WarCriminal_954 wrote:
R3C0NN-R6 wrote:

Thanks in advance guys!

Pretty smart War... However that's no way to speak to your father.

"Tripped on a root..."

Ha. Ha.

Tue May 12, 2015 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

R3C0NN-R6 wrote:
WarCriminal_954 wrote:
R3C0NN-R6 wrote:

Thanks in advance guys!

Pretty smart War... However that's no way to speak to your father.

lol

Tue May 12, 2015 2:20 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: julesvega
Well I know we all took the shaft yesterday when I played in your squad but since we hardly play those maps it's hard to get strategy I use to play them and knew choke points and ways around map but in all honesty you did great leading a squad is hard and stressful when you are new to having a lot of help but with practice and teamwork these things will become easier
So don't get discouraged we all have had those days but what you take away from defeat is knowledge and apply that to the next time you play and we keep getting better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue May 12, 2015 3:48 pm
Banned

PSN ID: darth_maul_80
R3C0NN-R6 wrote:

Thanks in advance guys!

i would force choke you for not remembering me but fortunately i can't do that....yet lol

i thought you did really well and coordinated well. Things got hairy but we were 8 people on a 32 players side who were trying to get the flags...and we did that only to lose the last one but that isn't your fault.

i thought you did well like you did in the last clan war. The snipers in opposition team on sunken dragon did well to stop us moving to far forward....so much scope glint they looked like actual lights in a building

Tue May 12, 2015 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next