It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
BF4 TacOps - CONQUEST MODE 
Leadership_

PSN ID: KanesFist
Post BF4 TacOps - CONQUEST MODE
ok brethren .... hopefully you have read my other post.

KanesFist wrote:
There has to be some formula to this and I am hoping it is not what I think it is albeit seems most obvious.

I have noticed recently that we have extended loss periods. They are unusually lengthy and based on the law of averages you would expect to get at least a couple of wins or close games over 10 games over a few different servers. But sometimes I have seen loss after loss even though there are a good number of 55's in our team. I know you all play for the team and objective so you would think we would win at a canter against randoms.

On Friday night there was a strong weighting in numbers to Region 2 and we won every single game going well into double figures.

On Saturday we had more of a mix say maybe 50/50 on regions and couldn't win a game for the entire time I was on.

We used to see this a lot on COD series with mixed region parties. I suppose it could be seen as half the team will always be at a disadvantage.

Anyway don't let it stop you it just means we need to be acutely aware that we will need to work as units and defend at least half of our flags and hope the randoms can progress captures. We used to do this on COD Domination ..... we get and hold what we have no matter what. If we have 55's holding these key flags we will win. If we scatter across the field we will be diluted and with the disadvantage of connection will likely keep getting killed off when you are rushing points of interest. If you are laying in wait with a squad you will negate the advantage they have with connection.

Being in Squads should not be just about getting us together but more that your squad is going to protect 2 flags and you will be spawning next to your SQL to ensure sustained pressure on attackers. So if you are an SQL do not wonder off lone wolfing .... take command and lead the squad. The enemy will soon identify certain flags as no go zones and allow us to cover many flags with few resources.

As 55's we were always renowned on COD for being the total of many parts. We rarely had or needed to have one player to win everything for us. As a team we worked round connection issues or players new to the series and would still win the vast majority of our games.

I think we can adopt the same mentality to BF.

Note this will be specific to CONQUEST .... we will do the other modes once we have this nailed down.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:21 pm
Leadership_

Post DEFENCE
DEFENCE - Post will be dedicated to DEFENCE

I will be on tonight and will be looking for a more focused and organised approach to our games tonight. Depending on numbers we will be having dedicated SQL's of which I will be one or perhaps Commander.

Each squad will be assigned Flags and surrounding zones to protect. You will select loadouts most complimentary to defending flags and zones i.e. mines, launchers and AA. When you die you will spawn back to your SQL or the best alternative i.e. within your protection zone.

Note that this is not how we will always operate but I want us to be flowing as a unit and have the ability to DEFEND and ATTACK as one

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:22 pm
Leadership_

Post ATTACK
ATTACK - Post place holder for when ATTACKING is the theme.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:23 pm
Leadership_

Post Re: BF4 TacOps
Now I know there will be various posts and opinions on the strategy and tactics but before we get to the details I want us focusing on the "BASICS" first i.e. Commander-SQL-Loadouts-Objectives-Communication.

We will approach backflag attacks and out flanks etc as we progress this development.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:26 pm
Lance Corporal

PSN ID: JLisinski96
Post Re: BF4 TacOps - CONQUEST MODE
ATTACK, note: im a really good scout pilot

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:10 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: marke46320d
Sounds good kane.
I think we've all had the time to get to grips with the maps and do on.
Will be good fun to start the Tactical aspect of the game.
Looking forward to it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you need me I'll be on the B flag raping the Prestige Mincers

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:25 pm
Banned

PSN ID: TheClayBeast
I didn't want to bring up tactics as I'm not a member yet, but as the floor is open!

There are several keys to winning at BF in any objective mode:

1. A mobile spawn point. either a Radio beacon hidden at a discreet distance (needs moving with the squad) or a volunteer to stay alive and stay out of site; obviously this person won't be getting involved with the fight, so it either needs to be a willing volunteer or a shared responsibility.

It is vital to always have a numeric advantage when assaulting a flag. I am plenty guilty of feeling the tickets dropping and charging in alone only to have little chance of success.

2. Domination AGAINST vehicles. Dominating in a vehicle is in my opinion less important. A squad has to be able to make very short work of a tank. There is nothing more momentum halting than having your tanks blasted to bits.

A good squad make-up in my opinion is one Medic, one Support, and three Engineers. Taking out Tanks should be the first priority, but if you have a particularly deadly opposition in the air you can easily switch when appropriate.

3. Armour and Attack Boats are most devastating when hunting in packs, you have to have at least one mechanic in support.

4. The most unappreciated weapon in every BF I have ever played is the ability of the Scout to laze targets for lock-on enabled systems. One Scout who's priority is anti-vehicle not a 500yrd headshot for their montage can help pick off Armour and Air across the whole map.

Having a play in the aircraft is great fun but has very little impact on winning- although the transport can get you an early lead in enemy territory.

The problem with trying to get organised is the inability to squad up before games. That and people really don't know each others game yet. That will come in time if people stick around.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:07 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: marke46320d
Great post claybeast.
Looking forward to Thursday and Friday to try it all out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you need me I'll be on the B flag raping the Prestige Mincers

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:08 pm
Banned

Well thank. A lot of how we approach things will be determined by numbers. If you have say 3 balanced assault squads killing tanks on their way around the map you can accommodate snipers and tanks guarding flags and aircraft harassing anything that moves.

A plan always looks good on paper!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:14 pm
Lance Corporal

PSN ID: JLisinski96
It all depends on how many useless sniper randoms we have on our team

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:21 pm
Banned

Indeed. The fewer randoms doing their own thing the better.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:13 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: Aldreth3
Some great posts, has anyone done map analysis for BF4 (best spawn, overview and choke points, biggest threat etc) so we have a common battle plan for each map?

est solitarius sidera lupus perierat ad

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 am
Banned

The easiest way for an organised team to control the map in any game is simply to hit and hold the majority of the flags, it's not necessary take all the flags, you get stretched too thin. You end up with a far better score digging in and letting the targets come to you too.

Adjacent flags are obviously easier to defend as you can quickly get to them all.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:26 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: Aldreth3
TheClayBeast wrote:
The easiest way for an organised team to control the map in any game is simply to hit and hold the majority of the flags, it's not necessary take all the flags, you get stretched too thin. You end up with a far better score digging in and letting the targets come to you too.

Adjacent flags are obviously easier to defend as you can quickly get to them all.

Looking for the Facebook style 'Like' button... where is it?

mmmm :text-goodpost: this will do.

est solitarius sidera lupus perierat ad

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:21 pm
Banned

I accept cash:)

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next