It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
BF4 Lobby Up Protocol 
Clan Member

PSN ID: Damaxta
Post Re: BF4 Lobby Up Protocol
I very much agree with Kane.

55s should not fight each other in public.

Not just because it looks weird, but it means being part of a clan serves little purpose but I think the most risky thing is people will accuse us of cheating by having players in the opposing team whilst in a party chat with others.

We aren't using the squad creation feature,enough I think. I realise there are downsides to this when the number of players exceeds the max squad size..... But I think the downsides are significantly less than the upsides.

...and yes, I did draw this myself. ^^^^^

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Second Lieutenant

PSN ID: Quppodill
1. Squad joins privates the party. We have previously been unable to un-private it.
2. Squad leader is locked to the party. If more people log and the party gets re-organized due to it being private, the squad leader has to log out and then back in again.

Joining on someone through battlelog automatically makes sure you get in their squad if there is room on their side. If there isn't, you are placed in a queue and automatically pulled over onto the other side. Rarely have we seen 55's fight each other for more than 5-10 minutes. One game we can live with. A series of games is silly, I agree.

What we really need to get better at is split up squads when we have six or more players online.

What the hell is wrong with my dick?? It's all blurry!

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:21 pm
Banned

PSN ID: warcriminal_954
totally agree with, Q. we definitely need to work on splitting the squads up efficiently.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:02 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: KanesFist
Pros and Cons .... I personally think once we have enough people in a server we need to get back to squad chat .... just becomes too confusing and noisy otherwise.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:02 pm
Sergeant Major MC

PSN ID: Ghztr_11
KanesFist wrote:
Pros and Cons .... I personally think once we have enough people in a server we need to get back to squad chat .... just becomes too confusing and noisy otherwise.

The most frustrating thing with being in a party chat with 8 people in the same server is.

1: There are 2 different squads, but all in one party?
2: There is not always easy to get call-outs trough the flood of voices.
3: There are sometimes difficult,at least for me. To tell the difference of who are giving out orders or enemy positions in what squad when we all are in the same party chat. ( 2 squads are always at different locations on the maps.

We should also work on making the squads stick more together.

I think the best is once we reach 7 players. We break up into 2 squads. And 2 party chats, and we will fill the squads as we go, as well as the party chat.
Like you say.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Clan Member

Post BF4 Lobby Up Protocol
This is still a real source of frustration for me!

People in three squads in two separate games in one chat, or 55s on opposing teams.... (Which is my pet hate!).......!

Although BF4 has its problems with squad creation, I can't see another way of sorting this problem. I'd suggest we use that feature and as soon as you join the game. Then if you have over 5 in chat.... You as a team either decide to run anything over that as commander, UAV or top cover..... Or you create a second squad and equal the numbers out.

Last night, we had 5 in Squad but only three accepted the party chat.

We could of course go back to just using in game comms and mute the rest, but if the blueberries want to listen in and contribute in a similar way.... Is that a problem? - edit: apparently squad only ?

Whichever we do, we probably need to up our discipline in terms of sticking to the protocol.

My personal view, is if we have our own server .... We need to use it more to be able to manage the teams and also go back to having fun games like hatchets only ! If we aren't using the server, create bf4 squad in game..... Use that to join once cleared in chat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Which is now far too annoying to use.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Sergeant Major MC

Damaxta wrote:
This is still a real source of frustration for me!

People in three squads in two separate games in one chat, or 55s on opposing teams.... (Which is my pet hate!).......!

Although BF4 has its problems with squad creation, I can't see another way of sorting this problem. I'd suggest we use that feature and as soon as you join the game. Then if you have over 5 in chat.... You as a team either decide to run anything over that as commander, UAV or top cover..... Or you create a second squad and equal the numbers out.

Last night, we had 5 in Squad but only three accepted the party chat.

We could of course go back to just using in game comms and mute the rest, but if the blueberries want to listen in and contribute in a similar way.... Is that a problem? - edit: apparently squad only ?

Whichever we do, we probably need to up our discipline in terms of sticking to the protocol.

My personal view, is if we have our own server .... We need to use it more to be able to manage the teams and also go back to having fun games like hatchets only ! If we aren't using the server, create bf4 squad in game..... Use that to join once cleared in chat.

We are working on this as we speak.

When we reach a certain number of people. We are supposed to split up squads and party chats.
The party chat is to contain the people in the squad, and nobody else when we have many people online.

Having people in party chat who is not in the squad, and visa versa is no go, not good.

There is still some more work to do, but its going forward.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Clan Member

I appreciate that G. I think it's a case of the players need to get into the habit of enforcing this themselves.

It does seem as though the first 15 minutes of a 30minute game is trying to get squads and chat organised!

Looking forward to a definitive solution that keeps squads together, not the chat together...!

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Leadership_

Its certainly difficult.

In-Game Chat
For pure game efficiency it has to be in-game chat for me. Its simply too chaotic otherwise. They are all obvious so will not reiterate them.

Lobby Chat
This has its benefits which is less game related. You get more people in and because of that a bit more diversity.

All in all us having a giggle and banter is a big part of The 55's experience that we need to preserve. Its striking a balance that I personally think is achievable.

Squad Practice/Matches
The Squad practice nights will become more of a feature going forward this week. During these sessions we will stick to squad chat. This is when we get our game heads on and focus on getting scalps for the clan.

General Play
This for anytime other than squad practice/matches. Its important that p55's see both sides of The 55's. We are happy go likey chappies n lassies but when the war pipes start we quickly change into an entirely different beast.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:59 am
Sergeant Major MC

KanesFist wrote:
Its certainly difficult.

In-Game Chat
For pure game efficiency it has to be in-game chat for me. Its simply too chaotic otherwise. They are all obvious so will not reiterate them.

Lobby Chat
This has its benefits which is less game related. You get more people in and because of that a bit more diversity.

All in all us having a giggle and banter is a big part of The 55's experience that we need to preserve. Its striking a balance that I personally think is achievable.

Squad Practice/Matches
The Squad practice nights will become more of a feature going forward this week. During these sessions we will stick to squad chat. This is when we get our game heads on and focus on getting scalps for the clan.

General Play
This for anytime other than squad practice/matches. Its important that p55's see both sides of The 55's. We are happy go likey chappies n lassies but when the war pipes start we quickly change into an entirely different beast.

it sure is important to keep the general gameplay while party massive chat alive.
Even still there is a mix of squads and party chat, it is fun to just have laughs and stories told while playing. And that we must ensure to be kept alive.

Last edited by Ghztr_11 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Leadership_

Yes but these should conform to the appropriate times.

Practice/Matches - organized and stick to process/protocol.

General Play - random, use lobby chat, just get to know and giggle with as many as you can.

We don't want people migrating to different camps on this. On practice night we are all committed to attend and get involved. Wether you take this further to getting involved in official "matches" is your own decision but you are expected to get involved n these sessions.

The rest is general play .... just chill out .... enjoy the game ..... enjoy the banter ...... enjoy my singing

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:45 am
Leadership_

I concede it is not always easy to swap teams. But some don't appear to be making the effort and rather than swap will continue quite happily fighting 55's. If the opposition is what you prefer then perhaps your better going and joining their clan instead.

55's don't fight 55's if it can be helped.

If you are wanting to join but cant then let them know and they will drop out and regroup.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:23 am
Staff Sergeant

PSN ID: peacer420
:text-goodpost:

Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6