It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Ranking up in BF3: tips? 
Clan Member

PSN ID: DrDumay
Post Ranking up in BF3: tips?
I am still only at rank 11 and it seems to go soooo slow.

I would really like to unlock the G36C, the G3, the M16 etc.

Any tips for climbing the ladder? Should i focus on maximizing one kit? Should i focus on leveling up particular weapons? What about vehicles?

Dr D

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
Post Re: Ranking up in BF3: tips?
Yeh it is a slog...but its what keeps you coming back as its such a long journey that is rewarding.

Best bet is to capture objectives, revive/heal people, take out equipment/vehicles etc.

Get as many ribbons as you can at the end of the game.

Theres also all the challenges..ill get a list for you later if i can.

The FAMAS is a cracking gun btw...all you need to do is Heal & Revive 10 people..Easy & can be done in 1 round (i reccomend Conquest on Op Metro & hang by base B)

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Clan Member

ToonTonic wrote:
Yeh it is a slog...but its what keeps you coming back as its such a long journey that is rewarding.

Best bet is to capture objectives, revive/heal people, take out equipment/vehicles etc.

Get as many ribbons as you can at the end of the game.

Theres also all the challenges..ill get a list for you later if i can.

The FAMAS is a cracking gun btw...all you need to do is Heal & Revive 10 people..Easy & can be done in 1 round (i reccomend Conquest on Op Metro & hang by base B)

that's helpful. i am still hanging on for my life most of the time and haven't really explored the full uses of each kit for the purpose of obtaining ribbons.

Dr D

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant Major MC

PSN ID: ElNihrbih
The obvious solution is to play more. But lack of time is probably the biggest problem for you. What I like about the game is that the way it behaves (can't think of another word for it) is so predictable. This makes it easier to improve your game. Played a lot of TDM myself. At one point I started to do really well. And then it goes fast with all the ribbons etc. I focused on 1 class. The second one (engineer?). Because I liked the M1 gun (is this how it's called, or M4, can't see my classes at the moment, it's one of the basic guns) so much and wanted to have it too when playing as a Russian. And because of the RPG that's available in this class. Excellent for killing people too. The way I use the gun is to pull the trigger and keep shooting till the person I am shooting at drops dead (or me). And keep moving (not running). Don't stand still. That's the weird thing, I do stand still in MW3 but not in BF3. You can get lots of kills when fighting in the container areas. But keep moving. And do crazy Ivans in those areas (random 180 degrees turns). If someone points at you with a flashlight or a laserlight start shooting straight away at where the light is the brightest. Think I win at least 80% of those duels. This is also why I don't use the flashlights and the laserlights myself.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:37 am
Leadership_

Predictable? Im lost on that one!

See the key in BF isnt really too run around everywere like in COD..i find i get killed lots like that. Though everyone has there styles & thats what makes gaming unique.

Stick to the basic principles of each kit to become most effective. People using the Assault Kit should be the ones at the front lines. If the team is taking a beating, use the medic gadgets to keep them alive. If you're sticking to vehicles, or if the enemy is using a ton of vehicles, choose to be an Engineer. Repair your team's vehicles and use your gadgets to rip apart the enemy's vehicles. If you're using the Support Kit, remember to drop down an Ammo Box every now and then to refill your team's ammunition, especially if they're constantly getting revived. If you decide to play as Recon, remember to spot all the enemies you can, then pick off the rest with your Sniper skills. Don't venture too far from the kit's basic use or you could get yourself in a bind.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:39 pm
Leadership_

This guide page may help:

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-3?objectid=82317

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:41 pm
Clan Member

ToonTonic wrote:

See the key in BF isnt really too run around everywere like in COD..i find i get killed lots like that. Though everyone has there styles & thats what makes gaming unique.

Stick to the basic principles of each kit to become most effective. People using the Assault Kit should be the ones at the front lines. If the team is taking a beating, use the medic gadgets to keep them alive. If you're sticking to vehicles, or if the enemy is using a ton of vehicles, choose to be an Engineer. Repair your team's vehicles and use your gadgets to rip apart the enemy's vehicles. If you're using the Support Kit, remember to drop down an Ammo Box every now and then to refill your team's ammunition, especially if they're constantly getting revived. If you decide to play as Recon, remember to spot all the enemies you can, then pick off the rest with your Sniper skills. Don't venture too far from the kit's basic use or you could get yourself in a bind.

until yesterday i didn't even know about the spotting feature. how do i "spot" an enemy for my team when using the support class?

Dr D

Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Clan Member

holy crap! these squad bonuses are pretty sweet. never realized all you can earn.

i was clearly not playing the game as intended. i think i am going to switch from primarily engineer class to the recon and assualt class.

Dr D

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Leadership_

When targeting an enemy press SELECT....you can do this in any class mate & really helps the team as they also appear on the mini map.

When playing in tighter maps or in tighter choke points...use the Medic class. Loads & loads of heal/revive points.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:33 pm
Sergeant Major MC

PSN ID: ElNihrbih
ToonTonic wrote:

No lag etc.

ToonTonic wrote:

I don't run around Toon. I move around.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:28 pm
Sergeant Major

ElNihrbih wrote:
I don't run around Toon. I move around.

:text-+1: :text-+1:

WAR IS IN MY HEAD

Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]