No 27%  27%  [ 8 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 30

BattleField: Bad Company 2 
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
Post BattleField: Bad Company 2

Published by: Electronic Arts
Developed by: Digital Illusions CE (DICE)
Release Date: Q4 2009
Genre: First-Person Shooter

Well wasnt this game a fun filled adventure last time round!!

TBh really really liked the 1st version of this series and honestly thought it was gona be huge rival to COD4, Unfortunatly the online aspectof the game upon release was such a buggy affair i was sick...Add to that the fact that EA/DICE never bothered to release any form of fix for the game for months a decided to traded it back in.

Now though it seems thye fixed it all and the game runs a beauty...Oh well, The potential was almost certainly there!

Moving on now though to the latest version & things are certainly looking up....

The Battlefield franchise started as a successful PC franchise but has recently found a comfortable home on the current generation of consoles as well. After the successful launch of Battlefield: Bad Company, Electronic Arts and DICE are gearing up for a sequel that promises more destruction, gunfire, and online mayhem than you can shake a stick at. We recently got a look at an early version of the game, due out this winter. Though we'll have to wait until E3 to see what the multiplayer modes have to offer, the first showing of Bad Company 2 literally shook the room.

The boys of Bad Company have found their way north into the icy regions near the border of Russia. The demo opened with a panning shot of the environment, showcasing the improved draw distance in the new version of DICE's Frostbite engine and some seriously pretty mountains. As the camera panned down into a forest, our anti-heroes came into view. Yes, the B-Company guys are all back. From there, we cut into the gameplay, taking place in the same mountainous region it opened with.

For me, the mission structure in the first Bad Company game felt a little too freeform. Giving the player a limitless number of ways to tackle a level is a good idea in theory, but sometimes it can't convey the emotional force that a directed experience can. From the first guided demo we were given, Bad Company 2 looks more up my alley. The fight through the streets of this village was most definitely a powerful experience, thanks in no small part to the signature Bad Company audio which is back in full force. Add in some music that sounds more scripted to the events and you've got yourself a heart racing action sequence.

The snowy region was a great way to wow the audience with some snazzy graphics. Before the action got started, we got a look at some wisps of snow blowing by and a frozen lake while the squad discussed the best way to infiltrate the village ahead. Though things were quiet during this entrance, it wouldn't remain that way for long.

Once the squad moved into the streets of a small village, all hell broke loose and Bad Company 2 leapt into overdrive. Grenades sent bursts of snow into the air. A chopper hovered over the street before getting blasted out of the sky. Enemy soldiers popped out around corners, took potshots from windows, and made themselves general cannon fodder. A tank rolled in before being taken out by an airstrike that made such a blast it caused the booming speakers to shake the room. The only respite came from the occasional shell-shock effect that left the player dazed, muting and muffling the sounds.

And since this is Bad Company 2, the destruction of the environment was near complete. Radio towers tumbled into the street, vehicles were quickly reduced to scrap, and a general feeling of chaos was pervasive. The person playing the demo tried taking refuge in a building, but a rocket quickly blew open the wall and left him exposed. It was a little disappointing that a blast big enough to blow open a wall in front of the player didn't knock him back or do much damage, but the visual effect was on point.

The fight through the streets kept up a relentless series of enemies to deal with, but wasn't even close to the most scripted part of the demo. After making it out in one piece, the squad hopped on board a truck to escape. You take up the position of gunner in the back seat while ATVs and other small vehicles give chase. This wasn't much different from your standard chase scene… until an attack chopper arrived on the scene. As Patrick Bach, senior producer, put it, the team is "trying to make it slightly more intense." Looks like they're on the right track.

As I said before, we didn't get many details on the multiplayer side of things, but DICE did promise that they are focusing on providing more vehicles for the online game and ensuring that they control much better than the first Bad Company game. We'll have to wait until E3 for confirmation of that. Stay tuned.

Latest Trailer:

Fri May 22, 2009 2:47 pm
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post Re: BattleField: Bad Company 2
me n cuzzi still play the 1st from time to time
luv it
will defo get this

OG'z Representin

OG'z in the room thats an INSTANT WHEEL UP

Fri May 22, 2009 3:14 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: KanesFist
If they can get it to be as good as BF2 on the PC then they will have a winner

Fri May 22, 2009 5:09 pm
Clan Member

agreed... all of the PC battlefields were a riot.

Battlefield BC for the ps3 was horrible imo...

Fri May 22, 2009 6:42 pm
Profile YIM
Leadership_

** LEAKED VIDEO **

Ok this vid isnt the best quality so make sure you click the HQ mode after you press play. Its a vid of the Online Multiplayer INGAME.

Tue May 26, 2009 1:45 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: TheDrift-
Thanks Toony now this is a game i am looking forward too!, same as you really enjoyed the 1st but online i felt didnt play that well, but i liked the 1 player.

1 player i loved the approach, and it didnt take itself too seriously, never the best looker it played really well.

The only thing i personally didnt like was the cycle through weapons and adranaline injections to boost you heath as the controls were really tricky. However for me it made up with decent gameplay.

i really liked the destuctability aspect...wanted to take a different route blow a hole in a building and take another route.

Enemy sniper P)_ssing you off, blow the building to peices.

Always remember the 1st level, coming up against a tank, finding the handily placed rocket launcher, taking a shot at the tank, then ducking behind a while while reloading, BOOM no wall left then runing through this house and this tank blowing it to pieces everytime i though i got somewhere safe BOOm the cover got blown away.

Tue May 26, 2009 3:56 pm
Clan Member

they r fun games...for 20$ how could you not get it (old one)

[brickwall35] 8:07 pm: like slick can grow a beard. the only hair on slicks body besides his head is above his pussy.
[Pooper] 8:08 pm: i like that heart above his pussy

Tue May 26, 2009 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Leadership_

PSN ID: Xx_BROLY_xX
Newest trailer. LOOKS INSANE!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/battlefield-moments-battlefield-bad/57022

KanesFist wrote:
he is a cock hungry dwarf .... i met him at willy wonkas fudge packer factory

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Leadership_

PSN ID: Xx_BROLY_xX
BETA COMING Nov. 19!

http://www.qj.net/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-exclusive-PS3-beta-confirmed/pg/49/aid/135714

KanesFist wrote:
he is a cock hungry dwarf .... i met him at willy wonkas fudge packer factory

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Leadership_

Hmmmm..MW2 or BFBC2.

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:48 pm
Leadership_

Location: Gone to Valhalla, re-grouping, and coming back for you!!!
PSN ID: EnglishnWild
ok..well i'm not even get excited about this game unless it's comfirmed that the lobby system is improved, coz BBBC lobby system was total and utter wank. I really found online boring with just 2 or 3 as you could never get any form of real team work going and that was just a shame and a let down to a fun and pleasing game.

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

Yeah I hope they work on that too, cause from the MP vid they released a while ago, the graphics look fucking BRILLIANT. So realistic for a MP mode, I couldn't believe it!!

Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:09 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: ThePGtipsy
So who has the beta?

Tipsy

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:58 pm
Leadership_

PG__tipsy wrote:
So who has the beta?

Tipsy

Toony Woony has it :) Thnx mate ;)

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:52 pm
Leadership_

ToonTonic wrote:
PG__tipsy wrote:
So who has the beta?

Tipsy

Toony Woony has it :) Thnx mate ;)

Btw for all those wondering. The beta is a 915mb with 2 small patches around 10mb :)

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next