It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Engs no BS assesment of BF1 
Leadership_

Location: Gone to Valhalla, re-grouping, and coming back for you!!!
PSN ID: EnglishnWild
Post Engs no BS assesment of BF1
When the randoms play for objective this game is absolutely phenomenal...i mean..BLOW YOU SOCKS OFF EPIC!!! hit level 13 i think and tonight got in a few good lobbys by myself with players who played the game like it was designed to play and it was a whole pile of fun. I am starting to find my groove in the game and really enjoying the assault class now i am getting to grips with it. weapons suck at range so its all about trying to be sneaky and flank to get close....or all out charging in to the middle of the firefight...both seem to work equally well..LOL
As someone whos never been a fan of the BF series despite owning every single one, the whole WWI setting has me hooked...the maps are extremely well detailed and the sheer destruction that happens makes the battlefield a constantly changing environment...so that when you head back to that broken wall you captured Apples behind 5 mins ago and charge headlong over the ridge expecting to dive behind it to gain cover from that pesky sniper............it becomes quite the excitement to lean the tank you blew up on the way in turned your safe sanctuary in to rubble and dust....FUUUUUCKKKK!!! Yes...the game is THAT good..3 days after release it runs smooth...i have noticed no issues with LAG (other than a few disconnected moments from my end with my crappy interwebz)...hats off to DICE for getting things right...and doing what has to be THE HARDEST era of war to ever try to develop a game for.
The game pulls you in to that old world era with combinations of the weapons, settings and the sounds...and i admit it...when i hear the whistles going calling for us to charge forward to the next sector i start shaking and instinctively charge in the general direction of anything red...
It has been a LONG LONG time since a game has got me this worked up to the point i physically feel exhausted after an hour of conquest....yet i can't stop..must play more...

It will be great to build up the lobbys with 55's and it feels like a slow road but BF4 checked the boxes for 80% of the 55's....BF1 should check the boxes of 100% of the clan in my opinion..it has everything for everyone and no matter your skill or play style BF1 accommodates.

So from probably Battle Fields biggest critic...Dice have redeemed themselves by pulling off a masterpiece that will for sure be staying close to the PS4 and DUST free even once COD4 arrives...

so 55's...with that there is only one thing left to do...

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:49 am
Profile WWW
Clan Member

PSN ID: iQ8Tx
Post Re: Engs no BS assesment of BF1
WOW look at you Eng, never saw you praise any game like that be4 :P ,

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:57 am
Leadership_

PSN ID: julesvega
Such passion such insight never have you been so vocal about a game glad to see you are enjoying it sorry I missed out but next weekend I'm playing the hell out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:54 am
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
I think my browser is faulty....i cant find the bit that starts

"BUT"

Or does this mean....no surely not. English is enjoying a Battlefield game?

Im glad you do too, think DICE have a hit on there hands with this. Its so weirdly refreshing too after all modern shooters & the bordering ridiculous latest COD games.

Looking forward to many games of BF1 & classic CoD4 :)

Toon

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:48 am
Leadership_

I think it's the whole WWI thing that has me hooked...put it this way...in the 3 years bf4 has been out...I managed 16 hours....bf1 I'm 10 hours since Saturday night!!

Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Leadership_

another fun night..had some sketchy games earlier and our squad did great...good comms with brick and stoney...kane laying down mortar fire and air support...blueberries did fuck all but run round like headless chickens so we struggled but defo started having some good luck with our little ragbag team of 55's missfits. Ended the night with toon and stoney and had a blast on some great games...again..blueberries struggle and run like lemmings from flag to flag rather than maintain defensive play on flags we had already but we gave the enemy hell regardless!!

Good games guys..looking forward to seeing more and more of you on so we can get some multiple squad games rolling.

eng

Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:59 am
Profile WWW
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
English wrote:
another fun night..had some sketchy games earlier and our squad did great...good comms with brick and stoney...kane laying down mortar fire and air support...blueberries did fuck all but run round like headless chickens so we struggled but defo started having some good luck with our little ragbag team of 55's missfits. Ended the night with toon and stoney and had a blast on some great games...again..blueberries struggle and run like lemmings from flag to flag rather than maintain defensive play on flags we had already but we gave the enemy hell regardless!!

Good games guys..looking forward to seeing more and more of you on so we can get some multiple squad games rolling.

eng

Glad your enjoying it pal. Tis a damn fine game.

Blueberries will ALWAYS be an issue when you have this many players on screen....though it does get better.....slightly ;)

All we can do is rally up an give em hell

Toon

Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:25 am
Clan Member

The game feels extremely clunky. Far more clunky than BF4 ever did. You can't sprint from prone. Sometimes when you mean to jump onto a ledge, you jump all the way off of it and vault to your death. Weapon ADS, especially while sniping, seems hit-or-miss. Sometimes shots do not register. Sometimes you shoot someone 500 times and they keep running. Sometimes you're shot once by a handgun and you're insta-dead. I don't know what the fuck is going on with this game but it's not really agreeing with me at the moment.

Other points:

The TDM maps are WAY. WAY. TOO. BIG.

Map design is not varied nearly enough (again, on TDM)

Squad spawn on TDM is fucking stupid. They should have left hard spawn points alone. Sometimes you kill an enemy only to have his buddy spawn in his location to either gun you down or knife you in the back.

Rush mode is fantastic when people play the objective and just a shitty snipe-fest when people aren't playing as intended.

That's about it for now. Again, my main impression is that the movement feels clunky, and that's just not acceptable. Bring on COD4.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:58 pm
Profile YIM
Leadership_

Without doubt it has some issues.

Suddenly all been ejected from a vehicle for no apparent reason...only to have the enemy jump in it and drive over you was annoying.
AA guns vanishing...
Shot through walls with hand guns...
But overall it's a blast.

Domination is very fast and insane...so much fun!

Defo agree on your points target. But it plays well overall.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Clan Member

PSN ID: Aldreth3
I agree with this, it really feels like there is a bigger war taking place. I really want to try some pidgeon mode with you guys.

est solitarius sidera lupus perierat ad

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]