It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Unbalanced/Unfair spawns 
Lance Corporal

PSN ID: Cake_1_2_3_4
Post Unbalanced/Unfair spawns
An interesting conversation took place between me and Catman. Most of us have noticed it, more so on some maps than others. Maps tend to have two major spawn points being a homebase; my onservation is that one team almost always has an unfair advantage straight away by usually spawing closer to the centre objective, cover is debateable.

An example being the Russians spawn closer to the B point in Metro in Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. How about the most obvious one in the wold? Noshar Canals Conquest Battlefield 3, the americans spawn in a carrier with LAV's which take an eon to reach land and are less powerful in a head on gunfight with two T90's.

So I decided to start this topic so people could raise points and discussions on which teams have advantages on which maps related to their spawning.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:50 pm
Banned

PSN ID: warcriminal_954
Post Re: Unbalanced/Unfair spawns
yes the spawns can be unfair/unbalanced depending on the map and/or mode. however, adapation is key & thus creates your own advantage in a sense.

when BF4 1st came out, getting attckers to the 1st set of mcoms on either paracel storm or hainan resort was so difficult it was rarely ever successful. months later dice revised all of the spawns for the entire mode except those 2 i'm talking about. so players were left only to adapt to the situation. now everytime i play those maps our team of attackers almost always reaches the base & takes it! we created our own advantage by adapting.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:27 pm
Lance Corporal

PSN ID: OscarPerezLijo
Shanghai is technically in favour of the US team, but since both teams have several ways to reach the middle flag with ease at the beggining of the round, I'd count it as even. Also worth mentioning that the US teams' gimme (Alpha) is very easy to defend and the CN side has a very viable strategy of camping it, denying one MBT from the US.

Op. Locker favours the US side slightly, as the outside path to Charlie is shorter, which helps US from preventing a flank to their other flags and can decide victory at the beggining of the match if they take Charlie. You can get around this if you spam enough smoke grenades and pray no one sees you while running past them in the smoke. Also flashbangs and flares. Then again, that takes some coordination to pull off, so good luck with that :D

Rogue Transmission is kinda uneven in the sense that the RU team has two flags in their "territory" (Alpha, Bravo) while CN has one (Echo). Delta and Charlie can be counted as the "neutral" flags. It's also worth mentioning that Charlie spawns the only Anti-Air on the map and Delta spawns the Attack Heli. Also, Alpha is so close to the RU base that the automated AA will fire at you if you fly over it at low altitudes, yet the same thing won't happen on the CN side.

Other Base maps I don't feel are noticeably "unbalanced". There's some statistics about map-tied win/loss here. http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-4-technical-discussion/8736-more-nerdy-statistics-of-bf4-players-and-battlereports

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:06 pm
Lance Corporal

PSN ID: Cake_1_2_3_4
As I've always thought, to have a purely balanced map you'd have to have it symmetrical. If that was the case on every map things would get dull.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:41 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
Cake1234 wrote:
As I've always thought, to have a purely balanced map you'd have to have it symmetrical. If that was the case on every map things would get dull.
rhetorical...I like.

Think I'm happy to go along with previous comments on this thread. Most maps, if not all are balanced in there own way.

I think the options open too you are far more obvious & achievable when part of an organised clan rather than a blueberry. Though the options are still there..

Effective comms....its the future :)

Toon

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:34 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: Damaxta
Lack of balance just means you have to work a bit harder!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Which is now far too annoying to use.

...and yes, I did draw this myself. ^^^^^

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]