It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
[SNR] Senior Gamers 
n00b

PSN ID: Martok-
Post [SNR] Senior Gamers
Qapla'!

I am Martok (Martok- on PSN because someone nicked the ID first!), I'm 46 years old (yes, I'm an old git!) and one of the founders of Senior Gamers. You can find us at http://www.seniorgamers.net.

About Me
I've been gaming for a long time now, starting with the ZX81 and after that the ZX Spectrum. I then moved onto console gaming starting with the Intellivision and its cutting edge '3D' graphics. After my Intellivision died I took a break from gaming. Eventually I started playing again on a friend's Nintendo system and then his PlayStation 1. I got a PS1 myself and loved it. The Playstation 2 was a natural follow-on from this and brought me into the online gaming world. I joined another gaming community and played a variety of shooters, action adventure and driving games. Timesplitters was great fun, Hardware Online Arena was a laugh and of course the excellent Killzone series started here. Die, Helghan scum! Then of course I got a PS3 and haven't looked back. :)

Currently I'm playing Battlefield 3 and The Last of Us as well as trying to work through my shelf of shame and backlog of PS Plus games before the PS4 arrives.

About Senior Gamers
Senior Gamers is a gaming community that was formed in 2012 and celebrated it's first anniverary in July. We're a community for 'older' gamers (mainly 25+ though we will take on 18-24 if they seem fine) where we we just like to play for fun.

One of our main games is Battlefield 3 and it looks like Battlefield 4 will be the main game on the PS4 (it looks like everyone will be getting that, we don't have any fans of the XBone). There's quite a few of us looking forward to Killzone: Shadow Fall too.

Why am I here?
You can blame marke46320d for that! He has been over on our site to introduce us to the 55's (though I had heard about your previously from the now sadly-departed Hope Gaming community). He also arranged a 55's v SNR BF3 match, though that didn't really happen due to numbers turning up on the night - I think you must have been scared of us ;)

I hope that we can have another crack at a match sometime as well as get to play alongside the 55s in BF3/BF4 and other games.

Anyway, feel free to ask me any questions which I'll try and answer. :D

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:47 am
Leadership_

PSN ID: KanesFist
Post Re: [SNR] Senior Gamers
Welcome Martok ... yes I think I played the last time ..... we didnt have many that night ..... some of our US lads never made it .... timing and timezones and all that.

So rest assured you will soon come up against a few more of the faithful than you might be able to handle :happy-jumpeveryone:

I take it marke mentioned about the shared servers ...... seems like a good proposal so hopefully you guys come in. If not no problem we will still get a few matches arranged in the future.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:43 am
Leadership_

BTW .... on your signature ..... are you the one holding the rifle ? :happy-partydance:

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:44 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: marke46320d
Welcome to your new holiday home Martok ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you need me I'll be on the B flag raping the Prestige Mincers

Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:02 pm
n00b

PSN ID: Martok-
KanesFist wrote:
I take it marke mentioned about the shared servers ...... seems like a good proposal so hopefully you guys come in. If not no problem we will still get a few matches arranged in the future.

Yes, he has mentioned it and we're just gauging interest (or rather, who has some dosh) for this.

Mark mentioned there was a thread somewhere about this that we could post any questions? If you could point me towards it that would be great. :)

KanesFist wrote:
BTW .... on your signature ..... are you the one holding the rifle ? :happy-partydance:

Heh calling me a girl, sounds like fighting talk! ;) I have a daughter who is about the same age as Ellie, though thank goodness she doesn't have her potty mouth! :lol:

Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:11 pm
Leadership_

LOL I bet she shoots better than you too !

My girls do :oops:

here is the thread m8

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8227

Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:37 pm
Private

welcome Martok. i haven't been on The55s site much lately but can vouch for hooking up with them for some top quality/friendly gaming sessions!

historically, our lot (Gamerdads) have had some cracking game nights with them without exception. highly recommended ;)

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:13 pm
Leadership_

djs2772 wrote:
welcome Martok. i haven't been on The55s site much lately but can vouch for hooking up with them for some top quality/friendly gaming sessions!

historically, our lot (Gamerdads) have had some cracking game nights with them without exception. highly recommended ;)

Most kind of you djs and right back at ya!

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]