It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
A sad day at O&R 
Lance Corporal

Post A sad day at O&R
Hi all.

I just wanted to let those of you that have gamed with us over at O&R over the past couple of years of the tragic loss of one of our own.

Dee (theglassman) passed away yearerday as the result of an accident. The details of which I'm not aware of.

He was 37 years old and leaves behind a wife and young family.

He was great bloke and although I've only spent the time I've known him communicating via PSN and headsets, I regard him as a true friend. He was one of us O&R'ers that helped originally setup the alliance between our two great communities.

There is a thread over on O&R for those that have membership there.

R.I.P Dee. Gone but never to be forgotten.

Bert

Not to bed on a loss ... unless it's really late and you've got work in the morning

Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: TheDrift-
Post Re: A sad day at O&R
A sad day indeed and my thoughts go out especially to his wife and children

thank you for letting us know bert

Tue May 14, 2013 10:12 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: DrDumay
Post A sad day at O&R
Wow. Sorry to hear.

Tue May 14, 2013 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
Tragic & very sad. Sorry to hear that happened.

RIP TheGlassMan

Toon

Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: marke46320d
Fuck that was a slap in the face reading that Bert.
If you can please pass on all our condolences to his wife.
Makes you stop and think how precious life is and that it can be taken from anyone at anytime.
How about a getogether to celebrate what he helped make here and have a moments silence whilst online?
I'm typing this still in a state of disbelief.
RIP Dee

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you need me I'll be on the B flag raping the Prestige Mincers

Tue May 14, 2013 11:21 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: xX_UK_CRAIG_Xx
Sorry to hear this bad news. I knpw I dont know him that well but from games played. I had only good memmories and my thoughts go to his family. But I will be there for the moment silence for a great player.

sent by Craig

TO BECOME ONE YOU MUST FIGHT TO BE ONE

55's FOREVER

Wise words: Never pat a burning dog ;)

Tue May 14, 2013 1:18 pm
Lance Corporal

Post A sad day at O&R
Really appreciate all your kind words fellas.

Would be nice to have a get together in his honour. I'm currently away working but will try and get a few of those that knew him on a face to face level to join in a commemorative night.

O&R will be a lesser place without him.

Not to bed on a loss ... unless it's really late and you've got work in the morning

Tue May 14, 2013 2:31 pm
Clan Member

Just let us the time and date Bert and we'll be there. One big games for fun night and a moment to reflect and remember would be a good way to say goodbye to an obviously highly regarded fallen comrade.
Clan tags could be changed to Dee for the night to.

Tue May 14, 2013 3:24 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: ThePGtipsy
Thoughts, prayers and condolences to his family and friends

Tipsy

Tue May 14, 2013 4:34 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: xxROCKBOUNDxx
Thoughts and prayers. Very sorry to hear.

Tue May 14, 2013 4:53 pm
Gunnery Sergeant

PSN ID: Marks5of5Phoenix
i'm very sorry to hear about this...thoughts and prayers out to all who have been affected by this.

Music is an Art

Music is Peaceful

Music is Beautiful

Music Is

How I

LIVE

Tue May 14, 2013 5:11 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: brickwall35
This is something I've always thought about and frankly feared. The idea of myself or a 55 passing and really never knowing or getting to say goodbye. It hits deep, this sad news.

Thoughts are with you and O&R, and condolences to his family.

Tue May 14, 2013 9:04 pm
Clan Member

brickwall35 wrote:
This is something I've always thought about and frankly feared. The idea of myself or a 55 passing and really never knowing or getting to say goodbye. It hits deep, this sad news.

Reading a comment as mature and heartfelt as this written by brick in a situation like this really makes you stop and think.
It sometimes feels like time is standing still and we're all just having fun. You forget time is passing by. We're all growing older, maturer and we don't even realise.
We all need to make sure we embrace life and live it to the full whenever we can.
I thought to myself when reading bricks comment and thought to myself how much he's grown up and then realised we've probably gamed together for nearly five years! FIVE YEARS have passed by since most of us joined this clan. FIVE YEARS of all of us growing up, learning, having kids, changing jobs, getting jobs, studying and so on.
I feel it's not until something like this happens do we realise just how much we know and care about each other.
We may just be members of a gaming clan to those on the outside but on the inside we are family.
Maybe I'm starting to ramble now but the loss of Dee has really struck a chord with me.
I wouldn't say I was close to him obviously but I had played with him probably once or twice a month since the 55's and O&R got together. But it was still a real shock when I read Bert's post this morning and when I read brick's post it made me realise just what this clan has become since I joined.
A big change for me in my life thanks to this clan is that I'm now nearly two stone lighter due to advice and inspiration from fellow members.
I'm sure we've all gained stuff from this clan that has benefited us in the real world. That's what make us so close.
Hopefully I got my point across in words, I'm just really stunned still that I could feel so touched by the passing of what outsiders would call a stranger.

Tue May 14, 2013 9:27 pm
Gunnery Sergeant

PSN ID: Marks5of5Phoenix
marke46320d wrote:
brickwall35 wrote:

Reading a comment as mature and heartfelt as this written by brick in a situation like this really makes you stop and think.
It sometimes feels like time is standing still and we're all just having fun. You forget time is passing by. We're all growing older, maturer and we don't even realise.
We all need to make sure we embrace life and live it to the full whenever we can.
I thought to myself when reading bricks comment and thought to myself how much he's grown up and then realised we've probably gamed together for nearly five years! FIVE YEARS have passed by since most of us joined this clan. FIVE YEARS of all of us growing up, learning, having kids, changing jobs, getting jobs, studying and so on.
I feel it's not until something like this happens do we realise just how much we know and care about each other.
We may just be members of a gaming clan to those on the outside but on the inside we are family.
Maybe I'm starting to ramble now but the loss of Dee has really struck a chord with me.
I wouldn't say I was close to him obviously but I had played with him probably once or twice a month since the 55's and O&R got together. But it was still a real shock when I read Bert's post this morning and when I read brick's post it made me realise just what this clan has become since I joined.
A big change for me in my life thanks to this clan is that I'm now nearly two stone lighter due to advice and inspiration from fellow members.
I'm sure we've all gained stuff from this clan that has benefited us in the real world. That's what make us so close.
Hopefully I got my point across in words, I'm just really stunned still that I could feel so touched by the passing of what outsiders would call a stranger.

amen marke, amen.

Music is an Art

Music is Peaceful

Music is Beautiful

Music Is

How I

LIVE

Tue May 14, 2013 11:51 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: Xx_BROLY_xX
A loss of life is always sad but by accident is always the worst. RIP brother, didn't get a chance to play with you but from what I'm hearing you were a stand up guy that I would of liked to share a beer and game with.

R.I.P Dee

KanesFist wrote:
he is a cock hungry dwarf .... i met him at willy wonkas fudge packer factory

Wed May 15, 2013 4:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next