It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Hi from the Gamerdads Community. 
Private

Post Hi from the Gamerdads Community.
hey folks.

we recently heard about your little corner of the netz from HoPE Gaming (great bunch of peeps they are to ;)). i thought i'd pop over to say hi and also to give ya'll a headups regarding a PS3 MW3 Mini-League were hoping to put together.

(btw, ta to Broly for the quick reply).

Basically, the proposed league will be based around two fixtures between each team per season. All teams will face each other in one ‘home’ fixture and one ‘away’ fixture. The ‘home’ team will have the choice of maps and modes (the best of 3 rounds per fixture) which will be revealed to the opposing team at the time of the match.

as it stands we have solid interest from HoPE and the GBc clan but hope to add teams as each season passes.

If you have members who’d be interested in taking part, what days of the week would suit you best? How many members from The55's would be available each week (I think we’re probably looking for teams of at least 3-4 players each week to make it workable)?

although we're looking to get the event sorted asap i've being taking my time setting it up to try and make the concept an ongoing future event where everyone is happy with the arrangements. as it stands it looks more viable for me to produce a fixture a fixture list and leave the teams to sort the dates/times themselves.

Most importantly, it goes without saying that the main objective of the league is to have some fun whether any particular match is a win/lose/draw and there’s obviously no requirements regarding individual skill levels (we're a great bunch and are experts at being gracious in defeat lol). Fun is the name of the game, pure and simple.

Anyway let me know if The55's would be interested in taking part. If anyone here has any suggestions at all re anything you'd like to see included in the league just shout.

Here's our site, feel free to drop in and say hi if the urge takes you (you need to game but don't neccesarily need to be a Dad :roll:)........... http://www.gamerdads.co.uk/Home.aspx

and here's the Mini-League thread for any suggestions worth chucking in the pot.......... http://www.gamerdads.co.uk/Forum/tabid/ ... fault.aspx

i'll jump back here in a day or two to check for any feedback.

cheers, dj :handgestures-salute:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:23 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: marke46320d
I contacted you guys a little while ago via Davc4 about participating in our soon to start league but did not get an answer.
How would you feel about combining yours and ours?
We have interest from Hope, O & R, Grey Fox Forums and two of our own squads already so more the merrier.

Sent from mark's iPhone using his finger

If you need me I'll be on the B flag raping the Prestige Mincers

Last edited by marke46320d on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: DrDumay
Nice!

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:23 am
Profile WWW
Leadership_

PSN ID: KanesFist
Post Re: Hi from the Gamerdads Community.
That system looks oddly familiar lol

Yes we are launching our very own mini league this week actually but yes we would certainly consider helping you guys out.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:37 am
Private

@ marke46320d, i've been a casual/part time Gamerdad member for about a year now but only recently taken up the COD host role so have limited knowledge of anything that went before. apologies, for any 'no reply', we're a decent bunch so i'm sure it must have been some kind of oversight.

goes without saying we'd be interested in either merging the mini-leagues or just simply jumping into yours. is yours definately kicking off this week as it might be difficult for me to rally the troops at such short notice?

@ DrDumay, backatcha lol ;)

@ KanesFist, the mini-league idea was born soley out of my enthusiasm for gaming up with decent peeps, i promise lol. no copyright infringements intended!

i'll jump back on here tomorrow when i have a bit more time to browse and check out what you guys have planned. obviously, if you've got the days/times pinned down already for this week we'd be happy to jump into round two but could possibly get our act together for next week if thats ok with ya'll.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:43 pm
Private

i've had a browse through the board sections i have access to but can't see any thread/post mention of your mini-league (it's a likely possibility that i'm being simple) :roll:

is it ok for someone to post up a link (if there is one)? it goes without saying guys, if it's easier for all concerned for the time being, we'd be cool to just jump in with your mini-league as it stands.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:04 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: marke46320d
I think I got an add from you last night on psn. The name looked familiar but I was in a game and forgot to add you. Will do it tonight mate. As far as the league starting goes we will definately accommodate you guys and any clans you have good bonds with. Just post ip their clan name here and a psn contact so we can add them to the list.

Sent from mark's iPhone using his finger

If you need me I'll be on the B flag raping the Prestige Mincers

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:37 am
Private

marke46320d wrote:
I think I got an add from you last night on psn. The name looked familiar but I was in a game and forgot to add you. Will do it tonight mate. As far as the league starting goes we will definately accommodate you guys and any clans you have good bonds with. Just post ip their clan name here and a psn contact so we can add them to the list.

nice one mate. i haven't sent you a PSN FR as yet but i'm gona be on this afternoon and will chuck you one over.

i suppose the main question is whether we merge our mini-league concepts (which are similar anyway by the sounds of it lol) or our lot just jump into yours as it stands.

we're a really easy going bunch so i'm happy to leave that decision up to you lot. post up here when you've decided if that's ok and i'll let our guys know how it's gona work.

have you got a thread going here for your mini-league discussion?

regarding any other clan interested in taking part, Gamerdads have a close bond with the GBc clan who have confirmed their interest in taking part in the league. the guy you most likely have to add on PSN is 'thedubster', i've let him know to expect a FR from you some time soon but reference The55s in the invite aswell if that's ok.

so far we've established that HoPE would prefer to play their matches on sunday nights from 10pm and GD/GBc are pretty flexible re fixtures as it stands.

on a separate note, one of our guys was planning to develop a stats template for the league. we thought it might be a nice touch and better than simply posting results up. also, i was planning to put some graphics together to present the stats table visually. if that sounds like something you guys would like to run with i'd be happy to post the table up weekly on the sites of each clan participating.

i'll check back in a couple of days to see how you guys wana move forward with this.

cheers, dj :handgestures-salute:

Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 pm
Private

just posted up in your mini-league thread guys.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=7031&start=105

let me know what ya'll think when you have a spare minute.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:29 pm
Private

i couldn't find a place to post up re last nights games so thought i'd just sling this here.

just wanted to say ta for the games and for having a few of our guys over to infiltrate your ranks for the night (we weren't spying, promise! we've already accepted that any amount of intelligence gathering will make sod all difference tbf :happy-partydance: ).

i was planning on getting to bed at a reasonable time but was having to much fun with u's and eventually managed to tear myself away at 2am. i'm paying for it today but it was worth it ;)

niceone peeps hopefully do it again sometime.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:48 am
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
djs2772 wrote:
i couldn't find a place to post up re last nights games so thought i'd just sling this here.

just wanted to say ta for the games and for having a few of our guys over to infiltrate your ranks for the night (we weren't spying, promise! we've already accepted that any amount of intelligence gathering will make sod all difference tbf :happy-partydance: ).

i was planning on getting to bed at a reasonable time but was having to much fun with u's and eventually managed to tear myself away at 2am. i'm paying for it today but it was worth it ;)

Yeh was nice having you in there, some good games :)

Glad you had fun

Toon

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:50 pm
Lance Corporal

Was good fun and I want to add my thanks to Craig for his hosting skills :handgestures-salute:

And next time you get some invites Toon accept them a bit quicker will ya, it was already past midnight and I had a busy day ahead and so had to bail out before you finally joined by the sound of things. ;)

Not to bed on a loss ... unless it's really late and you've got work in the morning

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:44 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: KanesFist
djs2772 wrote:

look forward to getting some games in with you.

BOPS 2 mosh up with all the league clans ? ..... that would be fun fun fun !

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:02 pm
Private

KanesFist wrote:
look forward to getting some games in with you.

BOPS 2 mosh up with all the league clans ? ..... that would be fun fun fun !

amen to that :)

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:30 am
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
Bert0364 wrote:
Was good fun and I want to add my thanks to Craig for his hosting skills :handgestures-salute:

And next time you get some invites Toon accept them a bit quicker will ya, it was already past midnight and I had a busy day ahead and so had to bail out before you finally joined by the sound of things. ;)

Lol yeah I got caught up as i always seem too :)

Toon

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next