It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
O&R, The 55's, HoPE and HoG's Friendleague idea. 
Lance Corporal

Post O&R, The 55's, HoPE and HoG's Friendleague idea.
Over the last few days I've been trying to come up with some ideas as to how we can continue playing and hopefully adding to the fun nights that we've had.

I've been in touch with one of the guys who straddles O&R and the Hogs of War forum, (they may smell but they're an equally great bunch of gamers) and also put an idea to Elfy over at HoPE.

My thoughts so far have come up with this as a starting point.

League ideas: As it's basically a friendlies league and in an attempt to get as many players from each community involved I was thinking something along the lines of this. As we (O&R) have not really played these sort of things before the experience of HoPE, The 55's and The HoG's will be handy and appreciated.

One night per week, Mondays seems to be quite likely as we're already playing The 55's then. Lobbies of 6 per side, if we've got a lot of interest two lobbies of 6. Start time around 21:00 GMT and play until 00:00. Whoever is online at nine o'clock starts off and then as the early starters need to sign off and head to the land of zzz's then someone else fills their spot. Not everyone will want to play all night I'm sure and you'd be able to cater for the early players and the night owls too. If we are over subscribed then perhaps players can play for an hour and then drop out to let someone else join in.

Each week play only one game type, that will also help shift people out of the lobby as most players like to mix things up after a while. So week one would be TDM, second week CTF, third week S&D etc, my thinking behind this is that each community has a week to plan some tic-tacs for the match ahead. One team chooses the first map then the other team the second and so on.

End of the night count up matches won 2 points for an overall win, 1 point for a draw and 0 for an overall loss.

Obviously there's other things I've not considered but it's my initial thoughts.

Once all game types have been played tot up scores and if it's been the roaring success that I really hope it is going to be either then who knows.

Whadya say ??? :)

Not to bed on a loss ... unless it's really late and you've got work in the morning

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:41 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: KanesFist
Post Re: O&R, The 55's, HoPE and HoG's Friendleague idea.
Have you read our 55's league format ?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:40 pm
n00b

Hello 55's SatsumaBomb from HoW

Just thought I'd say hello and hopefully OnR, HoPE, 55's and ourselves can meet up for some clan v clan games; expand our friends list and most importantly have a laugh.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:44 pm
Lance Corporal

:happy-jumpeveryone: not yet, but I'm on my way :handgestures-salute:

Is it this thread or have you got a revised one for MW3?

The one area where we seem to have problems is with people not always able to make a start time but are never too late, I just want to avoid situations where teams feel they've 'wasted" half an hours gaming that's my thinking behind a 'rolling' team.

I like the way that all the game set ups are in place, you really should witness some of our efforts, we've gotten into a lobby both teams in and someone usually says something about, "oh right, now we've got to choose a map ... mumbling to team mates ... what game type should we try" :happy-jumpeveryone:

Good job it's friendlies ;)

Not to bed on a loss ... unless it's really late and you've got work in the morning

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Leadership_

SatsumaBomb wrote:
Hello 55's SatsumaBomb from HoW

Just thought I'd say hello and hopefully OnR, HoPE, 55's and ourselves can meet up for some clan v clan games; expand our friends list and most importantly have a laugh.

I am sure we will. I think our alliances will help sustain and repair what ActIWank have torn apart.

As we all know its not what we play its who we play with which make for a good night of virtual reality.

Look forward to seeing you on PSN soon.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 pm
Leadership_

PSN ID: ToonTonic
I really really hope something comes of this...something to brink that CoD spark back

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:48 pm
Lance Corporal

There's quite a lot of us hoping the self same things TT

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 am
Private

This should be a laugh - Deffo count us ladies in.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:49 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: DrDumay
it's great to see all these clans coming together!

JK STEELERS68 and the folks from the Over 30 clan might want to join up too (http://www.over30clan.com).

Dr D

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Lance Corporal

For info fellas n gals of The 55's it looks as if we are on track to get this ball rolling.

I've asked Elfy and the ladies over at HoPE to see who is up for a friendly very much like O&R v The 55's have been over the last few weeks and both sides are getting teams and dates sorted out. As and when Satsuma and his stinky HoGs are ready I hope we can possibly play all on one night and then the following week switch opponents etc. So long as it's all works out well we can perhaps finalise some rules with regards to game types etc as I know you guys have a set already that presumably work well. :handgestures-salute:

I don't want the start to be too problematic with people trying to remember rules and how long matches should run for etc, rather just get two teams together, throw ideas for the next standard game into the lobby and run with it.

PS I'll continue to follow you to the next site Elfy :happy-jumpeveryone:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:29 pm
Leadership_

Your doing a grand job bert stirring up interest.

How about we just go a few weeks getting friendlies under the belt. Then after that we can get something more official like our league setup.

If it goes anything like our last forray into it ..... will be a huge success.

I put ALOT of thought into the "rules" and even noticed GB by sheer coincidence adopted a few.

I put much on fairness hence the Home and Away format along with the pros and cons that come with each respectively.

They are simple and idiot proof ..... if an idiot can write them then surely an idiot can understand them.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:50 pm
Lance Corporal

That was exactly my thoughts Kane, (not you being an idiot) but testing the water for a few weeks to ensure things are working out as planned ... and then when we've got a settled and friendly happy group sorted work on things from there. :handgestures-salute:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:13 pm
Private

If you make a thread on HoPE for the ladies to see as I'm a tad busy with arranging our matches etc. Would be grand if you did so.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:20 pm
Clan Member

PSN ID: brickwall35
this might be something that can finally give me the gaming drive i so desperately need right now.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:01 am
Clan Member

PSN ID: Mason32nd
brickwall35 wrote:
this might be something that can finally give me the gaming drive i so desperately need right now.

you got a hot little snuggy hanging off your arm, and you wanna play videos games.....c'mon brother....lay the pipe !!!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next